Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I'm not mistaken the reporter said "going back to Ross Barkley." Generally, they are either not paying attention (like you said), trying to agitate for an answer or trying to get a sound bite. I think he was just trying to get a better sound bite on Barkley because he was giving short answers.

Oh yeah, no doubt they were looking for an angle or hook from him because he wasn't interested in answering. But Koeman's one of them; 'I answered this last week, I'm not doing it again' sort of managers instead of playing the game with them every week.

..but I've noticed it since Rooney joined the club, they seem to spend a lot of time chatting. I wonder if Koeman likes discussing football with him and vice versa. You never see Jagielka or other senior pro's in regular discussion with the Manager. Indeed, most of the players seem to keep their distance.
Can't say I've noticed Eggs.

I did however notice that when Rooney was giving his first presser after signing he referred to him as Ronald. As far as I'm aware, all the other players have referred to him as boss or gaffer when speaking about him. So maybe they do have a different relationship than the rest. Not sure how I feel about that tbh.

Oh yeah, no doubt they were looking for an angle or hook from him because he wasn't interested in answering. But Koeman's one of them; 'I answered this last week, I'm not doing it again' sort of managers instead of playing the game with them every week.
I love Koeman in this regard. He is absolutely starving those rags. No Mourinho super quotes for you

...yes, I just think the team lacks balance with either Rooney or Ramirez as the furthest striker. There's no 'out ball' meaning anything knocked forward inevitably comes back. From what I've seen DCL has to start games until we get an alternative in.
And then he needs to be the second choice to that striker in that top position. Fresh legs needed, bring him off the bench. Star striker injured, start with DCL. And start him in some of the "easier" cup games.

Just don't play him on the wing again please Ron.

..but I've noticed it since Rooney joined the club, they seem to spend a lot of time chatting. I wonder if Koeman likes discussing football with him and vice versa. You never see Jagielka or other senior pro's in regular discussion with the Manager. Indeed, most of the players seem to keep their distance.

They are both talking about birdies mate, the only difference is Rooney likes the old, saggy tits type!

I think it's more to do to with that fact the camera must be on Rooney about 75% of the time. Although I appreciate Rooney and koeman do seem to have a strong relationship, but I've often seen him in pictures talking to baines and I'm sure he speaks regularly to jagielka as club captain. As see it no more than koeman seeking advice or discussing matters with the senior elements of the squad.

I think it's more to do to with that fact the camera must be on Rooney about 75% of the time. Although I appreciate Rooney and koeman do seem to have a strong relationship, but I've often seen him in pictures talking to baines and I'm sure he speaks regularly to jagielka as club captain. As see it no more than koeman seeking advice or discussing matters with the senior elements of the squad.

Koeman, ex-Barca captain who's pretty much won everything, and Rooney, ex-Manchester United captain who's won everything. It's no surprise that winners like talking to each other. It's good for the club to have winners of this experience, it goes miles to changing the mentality of the other players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back