Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Started the game well, felt his subs disjointed us big time though.

Would have taken Lookman off, but at the same time he deserves a full 90.

Either way we did well and played better togger today.

Coyb

Started the game well, felt his subs disjointed us big time though.

Would have taken Lookman off, but at the same time he deserves a full 90.

Either way we did well and played better togger today.

Coyb

Aye mate, after half an hour Lookman was a very frustrating figure to watch but like you mention, good for him to get some minutes and play the full match. Keeps him sharp and showed some promising touches tonight

Ronk not happy with the performance during the second half, very annoyed.

Love he wasn't happy with the second half.

He has his flaws as a manager, but this is the kind of thing I really like about him. No flannel, gives praise where it's due, but isn't afraid to criticise either, so the players know exactly where they stand. They'll likely respect him for it and a little bit of fear is probably in there too.

He's built a very strong squad. When all fit (and with a potential new striker) we look ...great

Pickford
Coleman Keane Williams baines
Gueye Schneiderlin
Bolasie Rooney sigurdsson
New striker

Squad:
Sandro
Klaasen
Jags
Mirallas
Lennon
Lookman
McCarthy
Besic
Barkley
Davies
Holgate
Calvert lewin
Martina
stek

Granted a few of these will get sold but it's a good position to be in...imagine if lukaku would have stayed...

Got it right tonight, we looked so much more balanced from the start, no square pegs in round holes.

Also a good call taking Schneiderlin off with him being on that yellow.

Thoughts Schneids had taken a knock as well so guessing it was precautionary.

Feels refreshing to hear the manager see's the same game as we all do. At least he recognises how poor we were second half and doens't put it down "game management" and sugar like that.

Big test coming up against City. I honestly except us to really struggle so interested to see what Koeman can come up with to counter that.

Unfortunately their obvious defensive weakness is negated by the fact we're not firing on all cylinders in attack. Defensively our centre halves have looked very solid and the defensive support from midfield has been good as well. I do worry about Martina and Baines getting the run around though, might need to play three centre halves to give them protection.

Somewhat redeem himself today. Not playing to our full potential yet but ok, we'll continue to improve.

Walking away from the fence for now. I'll dig a trench and entrench myself on this side if he plays lookman week in week out.

Wow, just watched the press conference and he was fuming. He ranted so long about the poor second half performance the unfortunate translator couldn't keep up.

This was not a phenomenal 2-0 performance in any way at all in his mind. Got to love the high standards he expects.

Much better in attack and general cohesion. more of a team with a plan. decent days work Ronaldo. its good he isnt happy with just 2-0. the opportunity was there to kill the tie I think, and I he knows it has lost him the chance to rotate much of the team which will be crucial in a season which will hopefully have lots of games.

4 clean sheets and the ease at which the young Pickford and Keane have settled are other big pluses.

buy a playmaker and a striker, bin the prodigal son and get barkley to sign and I will jump him up 2 points to an 8/10. not much to ask.

Bring on City!

He knows what he is doing.

He has won the battle with Barkley, who it now appears is nothing more than an over pampered, precious and mentally weak young man.

We don't need that kind of baggage in the squad, we need professionalism and a winning mentality, of which Koeman has both in abundance and Barkley doesn't, hence the clash.

Interested to see what CB and striker he brings in, we will be a lot stronger than last season IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back