Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aye probably.

If he does a good job, he'll get an offer from, what he might consider a "bigger" team but if he's done a good job, he"ll have improved us, so, chances are, our next manager will be a step up from when RK started his time here.

If that happens, then everyone will, or at least should, be happy.

I was just kidding. I just like the sound of Stepping Stone FC and believe it has promise as an easy way to goad the Positivity Clique.

I reckon if anything Ronald is a realist and knows this is the best job he could get.

One thing i enjoyed about the 1st half vs hadjuk is that players were playing as if they knew they had to give a performance as we now have options to haul them off. Healthy competition in the squad is only going to be a good thing. We are a decent cb and proven goalscorer from being a really good team. Up the toffees.

Stepping stone?

He could of walked into the Holland job instead of choosing Everton (and would have walked/ambled the Oranje straight in the WC unlike that joke of man Daley Blind)
He will walk straight into the Barcelona job when the time is right, daylight second.
He will coach both Barca and the Oranje before he calls it quits.

He's chose the Blues...thank god.

Stepping stone?

He could of walked into the Holland job instead of choosing Everton (and would have walked/ambled the Oranje straight in the WC unlike that joke of man Daley Blind)
He will walk straight into the Barcelona job when the time is right, daylight second.

Him becoming Barcelona manager is fantastic news for us. It means he'll have done really well at Everton according to their standards.

With the money spent, they'll expect us to be a regular top 5 team- consistently making Champions League- and win a few trophies.

Of course if he wins the league in the next few years, which is unlikely but would be very much welcome, then he'll be off sooner.

Either way, good for us.

What is wrong about short term success or plastic trophies? At least it will be the beginning of our evolution. One of the most important things in life is giving yourself a chance. lol

One thing i enjoyed about the 1st half vs hadjuk is that players were playing as if they knew they had to give a performance as we now have options to haul them off. Healthy competition in the squad is only going to be a good thing. We are a decent cb and proven goalscorer from being a really good team. Up the toffees.
This I agree with, if we can get them. And could we throw in a back up left back and maybe a winger to top it all off! A bit greedy I know.

Exactly. Listen to koeman in his interviews, he regularly speaks of the need for competition within the squad. You genuinely think, koeman would not be afraid to drop any player from the team if they were not performing. In contrast, Martinez and Moyes would pick players week in week out regardless of performance, either because they had their favourites or no viable other options. That is not the case now. We have options now with regard to creative players, whereas last season we only had Barkley.

Exactly. Listen to koeman in his interviews, he regularly speaks of the need for competition within the squad. You genuinely think, koeman would not be afraid to drop any player from the team if they were not performing. In contrast, Martinez and Moyes would pick players week in week out regardless of performance, either because they had their favourites or no viable other options. That is not the case now. We have options now with regard to creative players, whereas last season we only had Barkley.
wish he wasnt afraid of dropping DCL

wish he wasnt afraid of dropping DCL
I've said this before, DCL is only getting the game time he is, as he is the only striker at the club who offers us a physical presence (shame it utilised out wide too often). If we sign a proven striker, I think you'll see less of DCL starting games.

Stepping stone?

Mate I'm a big fan of Koeman. I bealieve he's taking us in the right direction and building a side that is capable of truly competing for major trophys not just in the short but theng term and pushing us up the table. However Koeman is going to have to do a hell of a lot more to justify Barcalona even looking into him becoming their manager because he's done nothing to justify it so far.

Mate I'm a big fan of Koeman. I bealieve he's taking us in the right direction and building a side that is capable of truly competing for major trophys not just in the short but theng term and pushing us up the table. However Koeman is going to have to do a hell of a lot more to justify Barcalona even looking into him becoming their manager because he's done nothing to justify it so far.

The right time - when the Barca greats have all retired (Messi, Inesta, Busquets, Pique etc), the squad is a healthy mix of academy players and expensive imports and transition and leadership is required - they'll come knocking on Ronnies door. Probably in about 3-4years.

Its a Barca thing. He's one of their own and he's the best for this type of thing. If they don't win the CL with him, the next guy will.
He d man, d boss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back