Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's my belief that Koeman is still trying to settle on a consistent starting XI, what with the much-improved depth of the squad in most positions.

Koeman will never have a 'consistent starting eleven' because he has realised that that isn't how the game for the most part is played any more(OK...Chelsea and Spurs were fairly consistent in selection last season). It is a 'squad game' these days, and Koeman has said as much today in his interview. He is aiming for a squad with players who can fulfil varied roles, ideally with the best and next best available for every position. Cuco for example will play in certain games,and in some games we'll play three at the back, in others 442. The whole selection process is a moveable feast, dependent on the opposition.
We still need a striker, and when one comes in,or even if Sandro is our main striker, Rooney will play deeper.

IMG_5299.png

Ronald packing heat :eek::eek::eek:

he is proud to be manager of Stepping Stone FC

Aye probably.

If he does a good job, he'll get an offer from, what he might consider a "bigger" team but if he's done a good job, he"ll have improved us, so, chances are, our next manager will be a step up from when RK started his time here.

If that happens, then everyone will, or at least should, be happy.

Aye probably.

If he does a good job, he'll get an offer from, what he might consider a "bigger" team but if he's done a good job, he"ll have improved us, so, chances are, our next manager will be a step up from when RK started his time here.

If that happens, then everyone will, or at least should, be happy.

Exactly

I think it's what most expected from the beginning

He doesn't stay long at clubs, and that's fine so long as he leaves us stronger

Of course everyone can say what they want.

I am not saying you are I don't read much of your posts but it strikes me there are blindly hatred towards Koeman for some people.

Koeman took Everton back to 7th after the mess and will be here for at least 2 more seaons. I think the club are heading in the right direction...the new signings...but if you don't that's ok. Signings 8/9 first teamers need time to gel I will not draw conclusion now.

Tbf mate, you do seem to round down on anyone who isn't 100% pro Koeman

Very few people will criticise him without justification

They'll be the odd person who just will never give him a chance, but they're a small minority and will mostly do it to wind folk up

You'll hate me for this, but the way you go after people sometimes is almost reminiscent to the way some of the Martinez Cult went on, where they'd attack anyone who wasn't always positive about him

It's possible to be critical of Koeman whilst still thinking he's doing a good job on the whole

Let's encourage debate eh? Let's not to back to the way things were. Let's let nuance survive and thrive

Last edited:

For what it's worth I don't believe koeman is the best manager for us. He is very limited, suspect in cup competitions and tactically relies on many different players which reduces the quality of the pool so to speak. He isn't going to win us the league and will be long gone before he gets us in a position ala poch at spurs because he doesn't hang around too long to really do that. He is a stubborn manager and as shown last season, playing tactics he was openly admitting didn't work with the players he had yet committed to them the following week. Most of all, koeman doesn't give a damn about us away from us being a stepping stone to a bigger job once he finally cracks that ceiling of taking a mid table club beyond the big clubs.

But he was recruited for a reason. His aim isn't to win the league or to turn us into top 4 overnight. He was recruited to make is respectable again. To learn how to defend and play as a team again. He was tasked into turning us into a top 6 team, to get us into Europe and increase our image in the game. He was recruited to increase our image from his name alone, koeman was a world class footballer , people take notice of that. He was recruited because he does things his way and controls the dressing room, and is ruthless enough to not play people who aren't arsed.

Because that is the thing here. We aren't a top 4 club, we can't attract the players we talk about in the transfer thread. We can't suddenly challenge teams spending 100 million like it's nothing overnight, it takes time and effort to move that joke of a regime that came before into one that believes it can go one better. Koeman is overseeing the biggest overhaul in this clubs history, potentially at least 10 first team players this summer, 6 last year , we are changing who we are, how we play, what we perceive ourselves to be.

In 12 months koeman has broken 2 jinxes this club has had for years. The poor Christmas period? Gone, not winning on opening day? Gone. Over the coming weeks we need to take our gun to the fight with the top teams and look to be their peers rather than their shadows. We go against Chelsea, city , United and dare to beat them or to even match them? A long way away from 2 years ago when we struggled to beat anybody.

So personally I back koeman to do the job he is doing. It is an impossible job, to rebuild an entire squad and remain competitive? He gets us anywhere near the top 4 this season and maintain the best of the rest tag then that's a damn good job in my eyes. Greater teams have failed doing that. And maybe we get top 4 with koeman And he stays and carries the job on? Maybe he invests so much in his squad that he wants to stay and push them as far as they can go? That's what we want to see, not short term success or plastic trophies like Chelsea. I want Everton to have a manager with his players , not everyone else before him and for him to care about it all. Perhaps koeman isn't that man, who knows? Better than backing managers who take us backwards or fails to believe in us .

Tbf mate, you do seem to round down on anyone who isn't 100% Koeman

Very few people will criticise him without justification

They'll be the odd person who just will never give him a chance, but they're a small minority and will mostly do it to wind folk up

You'll hate me for this, but the way you go after people sometimes is almost reminiscent to the way some of the Martinez Cult went on, where they'd attack anyone who wasn't always positive about him

It's possible to be critical of Koeman whilst still thinking he's doing a good job on the whole

Let's encourage debate eh? Let's not to back to the way things were. Let's let nuance survive and thrive

Even I criticise Koeman sometimes for instance he plays DCL a lot and as a winger.

However, I think some critic the manager received recently was unjust because we literally bought a new team in so it will take time to gel. It's still early stage in the season, 4 games played won 4 with 4 clean sheets but I read some opinions are a bit odd and over the top. There will always be something to criticise him. The money on spending to buy overpriced players, the selection of certain players, no playing of Kenny, no width hoofball tactics, pop gun attacks, the handling of Barkley's contract and the selling of Lukaku. It's all negativity.

Of course this is a forum so to be critical of the manager is welcome. But for me those criticism will come when it is due but certainly not in mid August when we play I league game and are on course to the EL group stage.

You are just giving me suggestion and I understand and accept it.

Last edited:
Even I criticise Koeman sometimes for instance he plays DCL a lot and as a winger.

However, I think some critic the manager received recently was unjust because we literally bought a new team in so it will take time to gel. It's still early stage in the season, 4 games played won 4 with 4 clean sheets but I read some opinions are a bit odd and over the top. There will always be something to criticise him. The money on spending to buy overpriced players, the selection of certain players, no playing of Kenny, no width hoofball tactics, pop gun attacks, the handling of Barkley's contract and the selling of Lukaku. It's all negativity.

Of course this is a forum so to be critical of the manager is welcome. But for me those criticism will come when it is due certainly not in mid August when we play I league game and is on course to the EL group stage.

Criticism is valid at any time mate, it really is, so long as it's reasonable

The people going OTT are usually doing it deliberately to get a rise

I think you need to analyse every critique of Koeman on it's own merits instead of having a blanket rule of "all criticism of the manager before a certain date is invalid"

I know you mean well, but I never want to go back to the hell that was the cult days on here

Criticism is valid at any time mate, it really is, so long as it's reasonable

The people going OTT are usually doing it deliberately to get a rise

I think you need to analyse every critique of Koeman on it's own merits instead of having a blanket rule of "all criticism of the manager before a certain date is invalid"

I know you mean well, but I never want to go back to the hell that was the cult days on here

Granted. I will at least try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back