Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I hope not. We are looking for a left-footed central defender, maybe as back-up for Leighton Baines. With the injury to Funes Mori we don't have any left-footers on that side as a back-up for Leighton. That's an option.

"Also a striker because I think even with the talent of Dominic and Ramirez, look to other squads. They have that number of players. If we need to make the next step we need a striker in as well."

2 mate.

He wants somebody who can play LB/CB.

Were linked with Belgian Jude Law a week or two ago. Vermaelen? Not that I want him he is so injury prone.

Not saying it's down to koeman but I can't understand why people are getting worked about others pointing out tonight wasn't great.

City are a good side, but we played against 10 men for 50 minutes and looked second best for much of it. That should be disappointing for everyone.

Of course everybody is disappointed, but theres honestly no need to cry about it like some are doing.

Fair enough, I haven't gone back to see how it all started but there are some on here who seem to think we should be made up with a point. I'm not, and make no apologies for it. It's a decent result, but should have been better.

Shush. You can't say these things.

I thought tactically Koeman was spot on.

He tried to give us options for a counter attack and on another day DCL would have been slipped in by Mo or not cynically blocked by Kompany.

10 men or not City have better players and not many teams will get a point there.

Not saying it's down to koeman but I can't understand why people are getting worked up about others pointing out tonight wasn't great.

City are a good side, but we played against 10 men for 50 minutes and looked second best for much of it. That should be disappointing for everyone.

It was a gutted when that went in and a little disappointed we never got at them more in the second half but that's a good point no doubt about it, I don't recon too many teams will leave there with one.

Not saying it's down to koeman but I can't understand why people are getting worked up about others pointing out tonight wasn't great.

We have improved from last season, but city will be the bench mark with which to gauge yourself against this season. The inclusion of jagielka and Williams makes us play 10 yards deeper, which gave the city creative players the space to dictate the game. In contrast they have pace in their back 3 which allows them to play so much higher up the pitch, which allows them to press us in posssession. Still would have taken a point before the game, but like you said disappointing not to hang on against 10 men.

Pretty poor second half there. I thought he might show something different from his locker in the second half with the man advantage but we carried zero threat and at no point tried to take control of the game.

I felt it several times last season and felt it again in the second half tonight, but I've seen all this before.

Of course, with the squad filled out as he wants it and more games under his belt here, maybe he will show more but I still have the strong feeling we have seen as much as we are going to get from him.

Also why do people not understand taking Williams off. We needed to get a second goal and by going to a four at the back we became more attack minded. We would have conceded either way. City were all over us.

Because it's a stick to beat Koeman with; if he wouldn't have changed and we conceded people would moan and call him negative and not going after the game. It was as clear as day he seen an opportunity and went for it, it was unfortunate that it didn't work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back