Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think people are ignoring the fact that Koeman is not very good.

I believe this is crucial to the discussion here.
I think that's still up for debate, although he is not doing himself any favours at the minute. It would be nice for him to pick a team and formation were every player plays in his 'correct' position! If that means leaving some new signings out then so be it!

He needs a HK moment like Oxford away to turn this shower around who he has signed!
Or failing that, a Johnny Carey moment.
black-taxi.webp

Or failing that, a Johnny Carey moment.
View attachment 40469
Read about carey recently - HC virtually won the league with his star players - he was a gentleman manager and a very good player in his day - got sacked for coming 5th - Alex Young always stated if he had not come injured he may have been able to save him his job - the players loved him - players he signed Vernon, Young, Gabriel etc were all major players in the 1963 team bar a few - Vernon , and Young GV were sensational that season goal tally wise that season - The catt ruled by fear , but fetched the youngsters in - his next championship 1969/70 team were incredible!
does RK have it in him ?????........

I think people are ignoring the fact that Koeman is not very good.

I believe this is crucial to the discussion here.
Compared to whom? It's that long since we've had a properly good manager that I've forgotten what one looks like tbh..

I actually have no idea how good Koeman is really as I've never followed his European mangerial career. He's been at it a long time like.

Read about carey recently - HC virtually won the league with his star players - he was a gentleman manager and a very good player in his day - got sacked for coming 5th - Alex Young always stated if he had not come injured he may have been able to save him his job - the players loved him - players he signed Vernon, Young, Gabriel etc were all major players in the 1963 team bar a few - Vernon , and Young GV were sensational that season goal tally wise that season - The catt ruled by fear , but fetched the youngsters in - his next championship 1969/70 team were incredible!
does RK have it in him ?????......

Now, what do you think, Joey :blush:

does RK have it in him ?????........

9e33a6a3ffb29618c5640293f45ec731.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back