Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never once bought into Koeman and his bullying of his players.

Got a sinking feeling that he's going to fcuk lots up this season

I liked the hard-arse thing at the start because the players needed a kick up the backside. I suspect they liked it too because they knew it was needed.

From the seemingly ITK guy on the Betfair forum

Are you lads saying '' sack him''?

TBF, to Koeman he hasn't had much time to gel this team on the training pitch. I do believe he needs to pick his best team and stick with them, of course its not easy when you have 2 games a week but 2 at the back one game followed by 3 at the back isn't working. He needs to work with them , pick a team and move with them. They trained at Goodison today - hopefully that will have given some time to work on shape. Morgan needs to be a midfielder rather than sitting off deep and having no impact - his role in the third goal is the most recent example. And we need to choose which striker plays up top alone or change the system and play two.
I want to hear some harmony as well , Koeman not on the same sheet as the Under23 boss, nor it seems with Walsh. Unsy and Walsh seem to think Kenny is ready for first team action but the manager doesn't - but he's not that far away to be loaned out??

One thing that is for certain is the 9 signings were all Koeman's - if they weren't they'd be getting the same treatment as Oumar!We wouldn't be questioning his buys if the current players were performing but one question seems to be asked by all why no Kenny? We don't know if hes good enough but one thing I do know , if he (and Holgate) performed for the first month like Martina has would they have survived half time? The tough talking Dutchman seems to have selective decision making at full back - if Holgate was deemed not good enough - he was axed 5 times last season the same as Ross- and Kenny not ready, then why did we bring in a lad whom Southampton felt wasn't good enough? He is on record as say he's a stop gap - now we have a stop gap who isn't performing and two England u21 internationals disillusioned.
That doesnt really sound like a "ITK". That sounds pretty much exactly like a lot of people here are saying.

Compared to whom? It's that long since we've had a properly good manager that I've forgotten what one looks like tbh..

I actually have no idea how good Koeman is really as I've never followed his European mangerial career. He's been at it a long time like.

Moyes was a good manager. He assembled a superb side by 2008.

We where competing with Man U and Chelsea who were regular CL finalists back then.

The cash injection at City and subsequent Lescott saga just flattened him, especially on the back of 09 final with 3 key players goosed. Shame he never won anything but he was certainly a good manager here.

I don't think any fan has a right to claim a manager is good or bad based solely on what we see when other human beings cross a white line.
If he's not in charge of transfers, if he let's his coaches handle training and he stays mostly out of their way, his SOLE JOB is the product on the pitch, no? If we can't judge someone who, it appears, only job is when the team is on the pitch, what are we able to judge him on? His fashion sense?

Moyes was a good manager. He assembled a superb side by 2008.

We where competing with Man U and Chelsea who were regular CL finalists back then.

The cash injection at City and subsequent Lescott saga just flattened him, especially on the back of 09 final with 3 key players goosed. Shame he never won anything but he was certainly a good manager here.

It also helped that he was given all the time in the world. Something which is not afforded nowadays to the detriment of football.

If he's not in charge of transfers, if he let's his coaches handle training and he stays mostly out of their way, his SOLE JOB is the product on the pitch, no? If we can't judge someone who, it appears, only job is when the team is on the pitch, what are we able to judge him on? His fashion sense?
He's worked hard on correcting his slice, he deserves credit for that.

I think he is a good manager, with a striker problem.

Give him time, to figure this problem out.
Im sure he did not want, us to go without at striker.

Let's see what he can do, with the new squard, until Christmas.

Im back him up, since the teams we lost against, were just better than us.

Read about carey recently - HC virtually won the league with his star players - he was a gentleman manager and a very good player in his day - got sacked for coming 5th - Alex Young always stated if he had not come injured he may have been able to save him his job - the players loved him - players he signed Vernon, Young, Gabriel etc were all major players in the 1963 team bar a few - Vernon , and Young GV were sensational that season goal tally wise that season - The catt ruled by fear , but fetched the youngsters in - his next championship 1969/70 team were incredible!
does RK have it in him ?????........
Unless we find a Billionaire owner who can circumvent FFP Koeman or any other manager hasn't got a chance.
It's going to be a long process and if/when we get a title Koeman will be long gone.
What Leicester achieved was a fluke with Chelsea in disarray, Manure self exploding after Fergie left ,City telling their manager he was sacked half way through the season but can you stay on till May
Arsenal doing what Arsenal do best ie flatter to deceive and Spurs bottling it all went in Leicesters favour but it'll never happen again in my lifetime.
I find a lot of what Koeman does confusing and strange but he's the manager , knows more about football than any of us and he knows what happened behind the scene with transfers whereas we can only guess speculate and post unfounded rumours
As I said he's the manager so until he really messes up like Roberto did I'll back him and the team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back