Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah this is starting to annoy me, it's completely natural for football managers to be compared to their predecessors, indeed it's difficult to fully assess the changes they are making if you are forbidden from discussing the baseline state they inherited. This didn't seem to be any issue when posters gleefully dragged Moyes through the dirt to big up Martinez, when Martinez came under criticism though and comparisons to his predecessor were made then all of a sudden the 'what's Moyes got to do with this thread' shouts came up. In exactly the same way that if Koeman does well Martinez will be 'off topic' whereas if he falls the wrong side of the 72 point line Martinez will suddenly be central to this thread.
Great shout on Moyes, if I use the search feature and type in 'Ginger Bollocks' I'll get pages and pages of Dave talking about him in the Martinez thread.

Stabbed Everton in the back and front. Deserves nothing more. I hope we pummel him and his latest team of hoofball dullards 10-0.
So do I.

But you said this the other day...
I dont know why, but Mike, St Domingo and Ian just want to turn every Koeman post into a referendum on him (and if it's me they're responding to, to also make it a contest between Koeman and Martinez). It's like they're looking to impose total obedience for this feller.
Which got this response from a mod...
I agree.

This is a thread about our current manager.

Not Martinez. Not Howard. Not Royle.

Please, can we keep it that way.
Yet you've just acknowledged that you constantly referenced Moyes/ginger bollocks.

That smacks of double standards from your good self, do you see where I'm coming from?

Spurs DRAW
WBA WIN
Stoke WIN

Good to get the points on the board but we should be expecting these results just like we should expect to beat:

Sunderland
Boro
Bournemouth
Palace

In a one off game we should be beating all 4.

Would be the best start for donkeys years (maybe ever) we have the tools to beat all of them.

Need to take one game at a time, though if Mourinho had that run of fixtures hed demand maximum points.

We need to stop thinking so negatively.

We need to stop thinking so negatively.

image.webp

One big thing I've liked about RK is that when he's brought a player he puts them in the team. For years we have bedded them in slowly. Now, but then and play them. Decisive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back