Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not my idea of a big statement, tbh. And it wouldn't have been at the end of last season for too many others on here.

Emery would have been quite a coup. That sort of poaching of a top manager. Koeman remains 'potential'.

Yeah but last season we didn't think we could get him, that he was waiting for Barca, coming to Everton could of been seen as a sideways step at best for him, so he was dismissed by many without thought.

It's not my idea of a big statement, tbh. And it wouldn't have been at the end of last season for too many others on here.

Emery would have been quite a coup. That sort of poaching of a top manager. Koeman remains 'potential'.

Got to agree with this. I've always been a little surprised by Koemans reputation as a manager. The Barcelona/heir to Wenger shouts don't make that much sense to me.

I think he is a good manager, no doubt, but I don't think we're punching above our weight with him.

Outside of 3 or 4 managers, everyone is potential or even a gamble

At the time my concern with Emry was he was no doubt a good manager, but on foreign soil. I have seen many managers from European sides come over here and fail or not live up to expectations.
The thing that impressed me with RK was his record at Southampton, but more importantly he has made mistakes and he appears to of learnt from them. My hope is he will become the finished article at Everton, but I guess he still has mistakes in him but hopefully not as many as in previous years

I believe this was a real coup....but I have been wrong before

Emery has guided PSG to their worst start in Ligue1 since 2011, Koeman has guided Everton to their best start since 06/07, he has also made the best start by an new Everton manager since Joe Royle (who won his opening 3 games) if we win tonight he will have made the best start by an Everton manager since the inception of the Premier League and way before, yet people are still trying their best to put negative slants on things, people are talking that it would be terrible to lose tonight agaisnt Sunderland/Moyes, which it would, yet never was such pre game pressure put on in the last few years.

The state of you.

Last edited:
Emery has guided PSG to their worst start in Ligue1 since 2011, Koeman has guided Everton to their best start since 06/07, he has also made the best start by an new Everton manager since Joe Royle (who won his opening 3 games) if we win tonight he will have made the best start by an Everton manager since the inception of the Premier League and way before, yet people are still trying their best to put negative slants on things, people are talking that it would be terrible to lose tonight agaisnt Sunderland/Moyes, which it would, yet never was such pre game pressure put on in the last few years.

The state of you.
Three games in.

Dear me.

Let's start looking at league position after 10 games minimum.

Got to agree with this. I've always been a little surprised by Koemans reputation as a manager. The Barcelona/heir to Wenger shouts don't make that much sense to me.

I think he is a good manager, no doubt, but I don't think we're punching above our weight with him.
It's solely his playing career that gives him status. He has a very mixed bag of experiences as a manager of 16 years standing.

We may be his exact fit as a club and prove to be the one he makes his name with. We may not be that club (or him our perfect fit manager) and he might be bang average or worse.

Anyone who doesn't have a completely open mind on Koeman and which way it could go isn't reading the script thus far.

^^^ Almost too funny to be true given your track record of giving managers a chance.
I fail to see the relevance of that, I made it quite clear that I never thought the last guy was going to be good enough and stuck to it, I like this fella and wanted him from the start. But I'm being consistent.

Three games in.

Dear me.

Let's start looking at league position after 10 games minimum.

Absolutely right David.

Are people honestly that amazed that we drew at home to a Spurs side with one eye on the CL groups, won against a Stoke side that started with Crouch upfront and won against a WBA side managed by a man desperate to be sacked for the happy pay off he'll get? Oh sorry, and Yeovil, a team so awful that Kone scored twice against them.

Three league games. And yet we are awash with GLORY DAYS ARE BACK shouts.

I fail to see the relevance of that, I made it quite clear that I never thought the last guy was going to be good enough and stuck to it, I like this fella and wanted him from the start. But I'm being consistent.
...and what would YOU say of me if I took that attitude to Koeman without allowing him to show what he can do?

some people already trying to dampen down the enthusiasm and positivity generated since the start of the season. astonishing, or maybe not when you think about it.

Absolutely right David.

Are people honestly that amazed that we drew at home to a Spurs side with one eye on the CL groups, won against a Stoke side that started with Crouch upfront and won against a WBA side managed by a man desperate to be sacked for the happy pay off he'll get? Oh sorry, and Yeovil, a team so awful that Kone scored twice against them.

Three league games. And yet we are awash with GLORY DAYS ARE BACK shouts.

It's a stretch to call it 'green shoots'. It's a seed barely in the ground and some are planning CL away trips on it.

This manager is in danger of being set up in exactly the same way as the previous one.

some people already trying to dampen down the enthusiasm and positivity generated since the start of the season. astonishing, or maybe not when you think about it.

Selling to buy
Beating Stoke and West Tosh
The Echo claiming we spent a club record on Bolasie when nigh on everywhere else reckons we didn't
A land purchase that apparently happened in August but we are still waiting for that perfect opportune moment to announce it

Rampant enthusiasm. Unbridled even.

Selling to buy
Beating Stoke and West Tosh
The Echo claiming we spent a club record on Bolasie when nigh on everywhere else reckons we didn't
A land purchase that apparently happened in August but we are still waiting for that perfect opportune moment to announce it

Rampant enthusiasm. Unbridled even.

7 points from 9 sounds good to me, might be 10 from 12 by 10pm tonight. but hey if that's not good enough for you then there's no pleasing you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back