Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure what RK's style is yet, I thought we would start to see his team emerging this season but it just looks like a patchwork quilt to me. I have defended him on the basis that any manager needs time and I still believe that, but I can't see what he's trying to build.

It was all a bit neat and tidy first half without any end product mate, second half we were crap until Koeman changed it taking Rooney off (because of the eye injury) and Klaassen (can't believe he started the game ahead of Davies) for Davies and Niasse. We just seemed to look a lot more balanced after that, we had actual movement up front from Niasse, who was also more direct.

Kenny came on with 15 minutes left for Martina, and he made a big difference as well.

Koeman should be starting with Kenny and Davies, I would still have Niasse on the bench for now.
This ^ sums it up well.

I thought the first half was a decent game of togger tbh, but as you rightly say 2nd half before the changes we were pants. All 3 subs made an impact, hopefully Kenny has now shown why he should be picked over the hapless Martina.

It was all a bit neat and tidy first half without any end product mate, second half we were crap until Koeman changed it taking Rooney off (because of the eye injury) and Klaassen (can't believe he started the game ahead of Davies) for Davies and Niasse. We just seemed to look a lot more balanced after that, we had actual movement up front from Niasse, who was also more direct.

Kenny came on with 15 minutes left for Martina, and he made a big difference as well.

Koeman should be starting with Kenny and Davies, I would still have Niasse on the bench for now.
Koeman needs to realise we don't need to shoehorn every new signing into the starting 11.

I wouldn't be angry if Koeman would just 'kn cry.
His tears would arouse me, refreshing my supply.

As soon as he named his 1-11 and the tactics it was only going to be a matter of time before we went behind.

Bottom line for me is that the players seem to take a functional approach to games based on his team selection. Once the right players got on the pitch in the right positions then the team came alive as well as the fans. That cannot be right when you are paying someone 7 MILLION a year to get a 1-11 right twice a week !

As soon as he named his 1-11 and the tactics it was only going to be a matter of time before we went behind.

Bottom line for me is that the players seem to take a functional approach to games based on his team selection. Once the right players got on the pitch in the right positions then the team came alive as well as the fans. That cannot be right when you are paying someone 7 MILLION a year to get a 1-11 right twice a week !

He's won half his games this season - if carries that on throughout, we'll be in good nick.

Thanks mate. Niasse must have earned a chance, maybe alongside DCL, I don't pick the team though so we'll see what the manager does and it seems Davies is over his early season wobble. He adds so much energy to that midfield, hopefully he gets a chance from the start too.

Its 8 million actually to add insult!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back