Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose it's great being an Evertonian. 20 minutes away from rock bottom morally and instead we are celebrating a player back from the dead winning us the game!

My concern in hindsight from the weekend is that the game was the end of koeman of sorts if we lost. No we wouldn't have sacked him or anything but to lose to Bournemouth after such a terrible run and the fans and the players would be almost gone so to speak. We need 3 more wins in a row now and perhaps then we can start looking up again and pray for the team to click. But koeman is floundering right now, he can't pick a winning team.

Plus the biggest positive from the weekend as I mentioned at the time was seeing the fringe players step up and show what it means to be an Everton player. Devoid of any passion or caring at times over the past several years this team, Davies kenny and niasse represent the opposite. Just players wanting a chance and taking it when they do get it. Koemans biggest downfall is going to be his signings. His desperation to get this team functioning at any cost is going to hold him Back, especially when he has a bench of players who do make a team a winning one in their own ways.

I suppose it's great being an Evertonian. 20 minutes away from rock bottom morally and instead we are celebrating a player back from the dead winning us the game!

My concern in hindsight from the weekend is that the game was the end of koeman of sorts if we lost. No we wouldn't have sacked him or anything but to lose to Bournemouth after such a terrible run and the fans and the players would be almost gone so to speak. We need 3 more wins in a row now and perhaps then we can start looking up again and pray for the team to click. But koeman is floundering right now, he can't pick a winning team.

Plus the biggest positive from the weekend as I mentioned at the time was seeing the fringe players step up and show what it means to be an Everton player. Devoid of any passion or caring at times over the past several years this team, Davies kenny and niasse represent the opposite. Just players wanting a chance and taking it when they do get it. Koemans biggest downfall is going to be his signings. His desperation to get this team functioning at any cost is going to hold him Back, especially when he has a bench of players who do make a team a winning one in their own ways.
Good post mate, think your comments on Davies, Kenny and Niasse are spot on.

And those 3 have all been coached extensively in the U23s.

I am certain we have a great manager at this club, he just isn't in charge of the 1st team. Perhaps it might be too much currently for Unsworth but i hope he gets the chance here eventually.

The manager likes certain players (ie all his number 10s) and always plays them. Unfortunately that gives us very little attacking thereat. He also likes his cdms and so always plays them even when we play worst teams in the prem- so overall managers preferred team is an ultra defensive set up with no countering threat (none of ours strikers except niasse can currently score goals in the prem ).

..that takes us from 4 no 10s to none. Can only see Niasse exploiting the space beyond DCL, which is fine but it's asking a lot of your two central midfielders to shield the back four and have an impact in the top third. I really don't get the Sigurdsson on the left shouts. I suppose it's all about opinion but why pay £45m on your prime target and then play him where he's least effective.

I'm still of a view that we have good players but too many are 'samey'. Bolasie will provide something different but he needs to find a blend, players who compliment each other in the way Baines and Pienaar did. The answer is difficult to find but it's why managers are paid so much.

Silgi played on the left for Swansea where he made his centres and was allowed to wander along the front line.

The problem is that after losing such an important player as Lukaku we are forced into a sea-change in how we set about playing football. The players who were there before now have to unlearn what they did before, and the new players are not yet up the pace and physicality of the PL and need time to bed in. It is a massive challenge, and it is unsurprising that we seem to be struggling to adapt. I always thought that Lukaku was more important to the team than anyone realised.

OTOH, you can look at our results and say that so far we have beaten the teams that we should have beaten. I have full confidence that we'll improve immeasurably in the next few months, and when we eventually do sign another striker we'll be a better team on the whole for having learnt to spread the workload throughout the team.

And those 3 have all been coached extensively in the U23s.

I am certain we have a great manager at this club, he just isn't in charge of the 1st team. Perhaps it might be too much currently for Unsworth but i hope he gets the chance here eventually.
Manager no. Coach yes. The club probably feel the same after they put Royle with him for the Norwich game.

The problem is that after losing such an important player as Lukaku we are forced into a sea-change in how we set about playing football. The players who were there before now have to unlearn what they did before, and the new players are not yet up the pace and physicality of the PL and need time to bed in. It is a massive challenge, and it is unsurprising that we seem to be struggling to adapt. I always thought that Lukaku was more important to the team than anyone realised.

OTOH, you can look at our results and say that so far we have beaten the teams that we should have beaten. I have full confidence that we'll improve immeasurably in the next few months, and when we eventually do sign another striker we'll be a better team on the whole for having learnt to spread the workload throughout the team.

I like all of this.

Yip.

All about us knowing our place innit :(

As long as we limp past Stoke and snatch victory from the jaws of defeat at home to Bournemouth (read the bit about Bournemouth slowly) we don't need to worry about the team rolling over against the teams we "should not" be beating.

The Koemoyes dogma of lowering expectations :dance:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back