Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yip.

All about us knowing our place innit :(

As long as we limp past Stoke and snatch victory from the jaws of defeat at home to Bournemouth (read the bit about Bournemouth slowly) we don't need to worry about the team rolling over against the teams we "should not" be beating.

The Koemoyes dogma of lowering expectations :dance:

It's a reality check - and the reality is that we were absolutely miles from top 4 and the gap is still big. There is no doubt that we are not playing well at the moment and the squad needs time to learn to play together better, but we are only going to get better from here.

I tend to not get too carried away when we go on a winning run, nor do I get too dejected when we are struggling as we are at the moment. The process of closing the gap to the top clubs has only just begun.

Yip.

As long as we limp past Stoke and snatch victory from the jaws of defeat at home to Bournemouth (read the bit about Bournemouth slowly) we don't need to worry about the team rolling over against the teams we "should not" be beating.

I've learn a new word today!

Koemoyes!

It's a reality check - and the reality is that we were absolutely miles from top 4 and the gap is still big. There is no doubt that we are not playing well at the moment and the squad needs time to learn to play together better, but we are only going to get better from here.

I tend to not get too carried away when we go on a winning run, nor do I get too dejected when we are struggling as we are at the moment. The process of closing the gap to the top clubs has only just begun.
At the current rate it will be a long long haul!

Yip.

Don't really get the Moyes 'lowering expectations' myth tbh.

12th, 13th, 17th, 15th 6th, 15th, 17th, 14th, 13th, 16th

The ten seasons prior to his arrival. To genuinely break into this top 6 now is going to take an enormous amount of money and good fortune. The reason it's even mentioned is still almost exclusively down to Moyes.

The ten seasons prior to his arrival. To genuinely break into this top 6 now is going to take an enormous amount of money and good fortune. The reason it's even mentioned is still almost exclusively down to Moyes.

Hard to argue with those statistics and I think history over the longer term will be kinder to Moyes at Everton.

I do think there was a lost opportunity for 4th and/or a cup though in several seasons under him, after cracking the Top 6 as it was then.

Spurs were non-existent, Man City had not yet found their saviour, and Liverpool were inconsistent throughout.

Moyes' failing was a lack of belief and continuous satisfaction with the status quo and it trickled down through the squad. There was no pressure to do any better than he did and he was guilty of deliberately dampening expectations, despite, and it must be said, being dealt a very poor hand at times.

It hasn't really, webby.

We are actually getting further behind the clubs in front of us IMO.

And we will continue to fall behind under this amatuerish board and average manager I am afraid :(

True up to a point, MAC but every time Moyes had us in a challenging position he became gripped by his own demons and always seemed afraid to try and take the Great Leap Forward....whilst at the same time publicly playing down what those teams from about 2008 onwards could, indeed should, have achieved.

True up to a point, MAC but every time Moyes had us in a challenging position he became gripped by his own demons and always seemed afraid to try and take the Great Leap Forward....whilst at the same time publicly playing down what those teams from about 2008 onwards could, indeed should, have achieved.

I do get the point, and agree to an extent, I just think he was a realist. Did we fall short because of the mentality or because the team simply wasn't as good as our elite rivals? I suggest the latter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back