Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
That said, I would sure have peak Moyes over Koeman any day of the week ;)

Great post.

What I liked about DM was that he formed teams with the emphasis on team work and clear objectives for a group of technically limited players. But that was also his weakness as against LFC at Wemberley in that famous surrender as you point out. But there was a certain hard, determined logic in his thinking and it convinced the fans. He never won a trophy but he left the club in a far better place.

DM also had next to nothing in terms of money from Billy Liar whereas RK has had a cash mountain to spend as he sees fit. And who he has signed? Klaarsen, Cuco, Rooney, Gilfi - at a crazy price - and last season he went nuts trying to get Sissoko who nearly all of Geodieland despised as a non-trier.

RK still has time to get it right and may yet do so but after a season and a bit, the teacher's report is ' Must try harder. Can do better'.

It's a reality check - and the reality is that we were absolutely miles from top 4 and the gap is still big. There is no doubt that we are not playing well at the moment and the squad needs time to learn to play together better, but we are only going to get better from here.

I tend to not get too carried away when we go on a winning run, nor do I get too dejected when we are struggling as we are at the moment. The process of closing the gap to the top clubs has only just begun.
All well and good but are you prepared for a third with Koeman if this season ends like clownshoes' second?

in fairness to Moyes he never had the backing Koeman has had at Everton but he did get it at United and managed to make a right pigs ear of it. Moyes was the right manager at the right time for. Koeman is better manager in general but i'm yet to be convinced he is the best fit for us at this moment in time.

Problem with Moyes is he never realy tried to win any of the big games. He would set up defensivly and hope for the best. I think people seem to forget this, with Martinez he went for the win every time. I remember we played Arsenal in that first season and were drawing with 10 mins to got and Martinez was bringing on strikers to try and win the game. I was amazed as we hadn't done anything like that under Moyes. Koeman has his faults but way better than Moyes in my opinion

in fairness to Moyes he never had the backing Koeman has had at Everton but he did get it at United and managed to make a right pigs ear of it. Moyes was the right manager at the right time for. Koeman is better manager in general but i'm yet to be convinced he is the best fit for us at this moment in time.

Disagree. Nothing in Koeman's career shows he can build a club up in the way Moyes did with us.

We need a manager with Moyes' organisational ability but Martinez' ambition. Mourinho is the best example of this, but obviously we aren't going to get him. We need an up and coming manager with those traits.

Problem with Moyes is he never realy tried to win any of the big games. He would set up defensivly and hope for the best. I think people seem to forget this, with Martinez he went for the win every time. I remember we played Arsenal in that first season and were drawing with 10 mins to got and Martinez was bringing on strikers to try and win the game. I was amazed as we hadn't done anything like that under Moyes. Koeman has his faults but way better than Moyes in my opinion

Then your memory is playing tricks on you. We didn't bring on a striker in that game, we brought Del on as a direct swap for Mirallas.

And perhaps you have forgotten the 4-0 games at Anfield or the way we played deep and clung on until the 90th minute against Chelsea a couple of times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back