Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then your memory is playing tricks on you. We didn't bring on a striker in that game, we brought Del on as a direct swap for Mirallas.

And perhaps you have forgotten the 4-0 games at Anfield or the way we played deep and clung on until the 90th minute against Chelsea a couple of times.

he Brought on Atsu in place of Mirallas which is still an attacking sub where Moyes would of brought on a defender, don't get me wrong I would have Moyes over Martinez any day

If we win on Thursday and against Burnley on Sunday then he's done very well to pick up 4 wins on the bounce - the team may actually believe in their own qualities.
Last season
And his last season at Southampton there was an ugly seemingly clueless spell of games followed by a cracking run to the end of the season
Let's have it again
If only to have Davek declare the season over in January again

If we win on Thursday and against Burnley on Sunday then he's done very well to pick up 4 wins on the bounce - the team may actually believe in their own qualities.
True that, that bad run of fixtures was easy to predict when they came out but hard to take when the poor results came in. A worry for me is the goal diff, i really cant see how he is going to get that back to a positve figure that will gain us a place above a team we are level on points with, cant see any 3 0 wins coming anytime soon

Problem with Moyes is he never realy tried to win any of the big games. He would set up defensivly and hope for the best. I think people seem to forget this, with Martinez he went for the win every time. I remember we played Arsenal in that first season and were drawing with 10 mins to got and Martinez was bringing on strikers to try and win the game. I was amazed as we hadn't done anything like that under Moyes. Koeman has his faults but way better than Moyes in my opinion

But we didn't win that game ... and our fitness was shocking for a prem team... I honestly can't ever remember a team in the prem era that couldn't play 90 mins...

You’re right. It isn’t.

But football fans are quite insane. Especially internet ones.

Every fan wants to win. Of course we can all go over the top about certain situations and individuals.

I don't think Koeman has done himself any favours in being incredibly blunt, Stated Lukaku should go elsewhere last October, No locker Niasse, the red Christmas Tree, Falling out with 'difficult characters' (Mirallas/Barkley) and playing golf when we need a striker. Martinez was the opposite, everything was beyond amazing when we looked a rabble. Phenomenal players who where actually rubbish. A bit of honesty would have helped but he lost the players and fans thanks to his over-positivity spin.

We have gone from one extreme to the next! :)

I know it's Literally impossible to quantify but I do wonder how done of the other managers in contention would have done here. Emery is now at one of the richest clubs in world football, Favre got Nice to the Champions League.

I know it's Literally impossible to quantify but I do wonder how done of the other managers in contention would have done here. Emery is now at one of the richest clubs in world football, Favre got Nice to the Champions League.

Emery managed to take a side that won the league by 29 points into a side that finished 2nd, Favre hasnt managed a side outside of a pub league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back