Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it's Literally impossible to quantify but I do wonder how done of the other managers in contention would have done here. Emery is now at one of the richest clubs in world football, Favre got Nice to the Champions League.
Both managing in very non-competative leagues

It seems to have been forgotten almost but all our defensive woes so far, what happened to the publically wanted defender? In fact left sided defender to be specific that koeman kept asking for? It ever happened and we have leaked goals for most of the season.

Going back to the king goal at the weekend, the defence backed off giving him space to shoot and score a brilliant goal. Just bad luck we conceded that.......except United also did it, atalanta also did it, hadjuk split also did it.

There is a pattern emerging, how can you realistically concede at least 4 goals outside the box in like 10 games and they stop being 'one of those goals'?

I have my concerns about the shoehorned attack we have with no potency but there is a real concern for me currently that defensively we are just as bad right now in a tactic that relies on defending.

Moyes was way better than Koeman
This is an interesting one. At least at Southampton it looked like Koeman was building a team. Now it appears he doesn't know what he really wants to do with his squad. I think what helped Moyes more than anything was that he had to take risks with his signings (and he was pretty good at that tbf). Koeman can't attract the really big names, so he ends up with established yet limited players. He played it safe in the transfer market as opposed to Moyes.

I'm glad to see that even Bayern and Ancelotti are capable of the same mistakes we're making this season. Sure, they're still a top class team but they have no real pace on the wings and play 5 no 10s at once. Bizarre stuff...
Bayern have fallen off in terms of quality a bit as Robben and Ribery aren't in their prime anymore. They will have to find some replacements soon if they want to get back to the level that they were when they were perennially challenging for champions league.

It seems to have been forgotten almost but all our defensive woes so far, what happened to the publically wanted defender? In fact left sided defender to be specific that koeman kept asking for? It ever happened and we have leaked goals for most of the season.

Going back to the king goal at the weekend, the defence backed off giving him space to shoot and score a brilliant goal. Just bad luck we conceded that.......except United also did it, atalanta also did it, hadjuk split also did it.

There is a pattern emerging, how can you realistically concede at least 4 goals outside the box in like 10 games and they stop being 'one of those goals'?

I have my concerns about the shoehorned attack we have with no potency but there is a real concern for me currently that defensively we are just as bad right now in a tactic that relies on defending.

The King goal was down to Cuco the Clown, simple as.

He was that far up the pitch and out of position, that the rest of the defence was all over the place trying to cover the massive gap behind him.

It's almost a perfect storm of crapness at the mo

The King goal was down to Cuco the Clown, simple as.

He was that far up the pitch and out of position, that the rest of the defence was all over the place trying to cover the massive gap behind him.

It's almost a perfect storm of crapness at the mo
All Cuco's fault, eh? Watch the highlights again and tell me how it is that Holgate is blameless? He did all but wave a toreador cape at him. I'm not a big Cuco fan, but I am a fan of reality.

All Cuco's fault, eh? Watch the highlights again and tell me how it is that Holgate is blameless? He did all but wave a toreador cape at him. I'm not a big Cuco fan, but I am a fan of reality.

Holgate was by no means blameless, but the clown was that far up the pitch, that Holgate had a pair of blnos out trying to find him.

Holgate was caught in no mans land, due to the clown going walkiies, YET AGAIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back