Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's laughable, it really is. Last season we were crying out for that elusive No.10 and now they are tripping over each other we have that many.
Still , l firmly believe things will fall into place soon. We have had a stiff start to the season in the League - last year Mourinho complained about ManUre's weighted start if l recall correctly and it took them time to get into their stride with a team questionably much stronger than ours - and aside from the Atalanta debacle whilst we have struggled to put together any real sort of form l am sure it will come good. Maybe Niasse is our 'Inchy' moment?

As a manager he has to say they can play in the same team. The real test of whether he gets it is if he drops at least one of them. Klaasen is the most likely to be dropped imo.

It's laughable, it really is. Last season we were crying out for that elusive No.10 and now they are tripping over each other we have that many.
Still , l firmly believe things will fall into place soon. We have had a stiff start to the season in the League - last year Mourinho complained about ManUre's weighted start if l recall correctly and it took them time to get into their stride with a team questionably much stronger than ours - and aside from the Atalanta debacle whilst we have struggled to put together any real sort of form l am sure it will come good. Maybe Niasse is our 'Inchy' moment?

Barkley is still our best 10 and will be leaving the club shortly. Gilfi is a good set pieces man rather than a player that is a regular game changer from open play. Rooney is a has been and the less said about Klassen the better. None of these players would start for the top 6. The gulf between the top 6 and the rest is massive this season

FFS

Ronald Koeman insists there is room for Wayne Rooney, Gylfi Sigurdsson and Davy Klaassen in the same Everton side.

But the Blues boss admits that until confidence is fully restored he has to consider different options.

Everton have won their last two matches after suffering four straight defeats in which they failed to score.

Tomorrow night, Koeman’s side welcome Apollon Limassol to Goodison for their second Europa League Group G fixture looking for a “revenge feeling” after being humiliated by Atalanta on matchday one.

Koeman substituted Rooney and Klaassen last weekend as they trailed to Bournemouth, bringing on Oumar Niasse and Tom Davies in their place, and changing their formation.

The switch worked as Niasse scored twice in five minutes to seal a dramatic first league win since the opening day.

And Koeman admits that even though he has belief that Sigurdsson, Rooney and Klaassen can all play in the same side, being more direct is sometimes the way to go.

“It’s something we are looking to,” he said.

“If the team is really in a good shape, the team is really confident in the football we like to play and we have enough support from other players we can play like this but sometimes if they drop too much back then we need more pace.

“That was the reason why I brought Oumar in against Bournemouth.

“At that moment in the game we missed some pace in front.

“I still believe in the quality of these players. Good players can play in one team, good players like Sigurdsson, Klaassen and Rooney can play out of that position but they need more understanding and also support from other players.

“If you play too much of the long ball than maybe through the midfield then maybe you need to choose for other type of strikers.”

Niasse’s introduction saw Everton play with two up front and allowed them to play a more direct style.

Koeman knows the use of playing long balls - and that it can be popular with Blues fans - but is adamant Everton must be able to strike a balance.

“It’s all about how the team is,” he said.

“Maybe in a difficult match, maybe if the team is not full of confidence in their football then it is an easier option to play with two in front I think so.”

He added: “You can play with long balls.

“Our fans they like if you sometimes play the long ball, if you play direct football and that’s the easiest way to play. “You need to find a balance in both ways to play football.

“Sometimes the long ball is a difficult way to defend for your opponent.

“We don’t have a target man in our front.

“We have Dominic, we have Sandro, we have Niasse.

“They are most of the time running strikers. They make movements, they make runs. Lukaku was different, he was also a target man. That is sometimes different in the way you can play. It’s also about your own confidence. We struggled in our ball possession, we make mistakes and that’s not good for our confidence.”

Sauce: http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...oney-sigurdsson-klaassen-koeman-says-13684273

I'm not sure if he means 'long balls'?

WTF

FFS

Ronald Koeman insists there is room for Wayne Rooney, Gylfi Sigurdsson and Davy Klaassen in the same Everton side.

But the Blues boss admits that until confidence is fully restored he has to consider different options.

Everton have won their last two matches after suffering four straight defeats in which they failed to score.

Tomorrow night, Koeman’s side welcome Apollon Limassol to Goodison for their second Europa League Group G fixture looking for a “revenge feeling” after being humiliated by Atalanta on matchday one.

Koeman substituted Rooney and Klaassen last weekend as they trailed to Bournemouth, bringing on Oumar Niasse and Tom Davies in their place, and changing their formation.

The switch worked as Niasse scored twice in five minutes to seal a dramatic first league win since the opening day.

And Koeman admits that even though he has belief that Sigurdsson, Rooney and Klaassen can all play in the same side, being more direct is sometimes the way to go.

“It’s something we are looking to,” he said.

“If the team is really in a good shape, the team is really confident in the football we like to play and we have enough support from other players we can play like this but sometimes if they drop too much back then we need more pace.

“That was the reason why I brought Oumar in against Bournemouth.

“At that moment in the game we missed some pace in front.

“I still believe in the quality of these players. Good players can play in one team, good players like Sigurdsson, Klaassen and Rooney can play out of that position but they need more understanding and also support from other players.

“If you play too much of the long ball than maybe through the midfield then maybe you need to choose for other type of strikers.”

Niasse’s introduction saw Everton play with two up front and allowed them to play a more direct style.

Koeman knows the use of playing long balls - and that it can be popular with Blues fans - but is adamant Everton must be able to strike a balance.

“It’s all about how the team is,” he said.

“Maybe in a difficult match, maybe if the team is not full of confidence in their football then it is an easier option to play with two in front I think so.”

He added: “You can play with long balls.

“Our fans they like if you sometimes play the long ball, if you play direct football and that’s the easiest way to play. “You need to find a balance in both ways to play football.

“Sometimes the long ball is a difficult way to defend for your opponent.

“We don’t have a target man in our front.

“We have Dominic, we have Sandro, we have Niasse.

“They are most of the time running strikers. They make movements, they make runs. Lukaku was different, he was also a target man. That is sometimes different in the way you can play. It’s also about your own confidence. We struggled in our ball possession, we make mistakes and that’s not good for our confidence.”

Sauce: http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...oney-sigurdsson-klaassen-koeman-says-13684273

That is pretty much all a load of nonsense justifying his own failures, strange.

yerrrr read that this morning, it's like he is trying to justify the way he plays, I mean even west brom fans probably don't even like long balls and that's all they do

what a pleb

Ending 7th last season, and loosing to the top four contenders, is not exactly a faliure, it's rather the packing order, we are in at the moment.

I understand that it would be better, if we won all our games, and the league aswell, but that is a far out scenario.

would anyone really want Everton, to become City or Chelsea, buying the titles, and having absolutely no soul?

Personaly, i like the way we are headed, with a lots of young players, and lots of unsong heroes, to be seen.

If only they were elusive with the ball...

He can't sanction the signing of 3x number 10's for significant money and then say they can't play in the same team.

It's just covering his arse and the clubs transfer strategy.
I'd like to think it is a nothing Koeman comment and he plans on changing the system. This was HOPEFULLY him simply trying to justify his stupidity over the last stretch and nothing more.

yerrrr read that this morning, it's like he is trying to justify the way he plays, I mean even west brom fans probably don't even like long balls and that's all they do

what a pleb

West brom are actually good at it tho see the other night for example when jay Rodrigues should of had a pen. Plus they've actually got strikers to chase the ball...

Ending 7th last season, and loosing to the top four contenders, is not exactly a faliure, it's rather the packing order, we are in at the moment.

I understand that it would be better, if we won all our games, and the league aswell, but that is a far out scenario.

would anyone really want Everton, to become City or Chelsea, buying the titles, and having absolutely no soul?

Personaly, i like the way we are headed, with a lots of young players, and lots of unsong heroes, to be seen.
What a load of bollocks that statement is.

We've just spent more than every club in world football, other than 7.

No, I don't want us to be winning titles. I love watching us do nothing every year. I just take comfort in that soul we have.

At least we would have scored more i think. Koeman is almost completely focused on playing defensively - two cdms and back 5s - are his trademark even against weak teams. On the other hand martinez focused only on scoring. Unfortunately for koeman he was the manager on duty when the club decided to sell lukaku early and fail to buy a replacement. I think this may result in a lost season for us...

We would have scored more? You sure about that? Lukaku would have left last summer he would have signed a shed load of players that were crap... and another full season of his training would have is conversing from nearly every corner and our players would be knackered after 70 minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back