Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think now it's becoming clear our current team is actually worse than it has been in recent years. Lukaku, barkley , Coleman and baines in their prime 2-4 years ago plus barry and del boy. That team was better than ours now.

So basically koeman in his second season and after spending 140 m has made the team worse.

I think now it's becoming clear our current team is actually worse than it has been in recent years. Lukaku, barkley , Coleman and baines in their prime 2-4 years ago plus barry and del boy. That team was better than ours now.

So basically koeman in his second season and after spending 140 m has made the team worse.
I like how you use one conclusion as evidence for the second conclusion. "I think now it's becoming clear" is message-board speak for "I strongly believe", much like "it's obvious" and "everyone can see."

Barry is by no means obviously better than Schniederlin, "del boy" had about 3 good games for us ever, and I'm not sure how you can blame Koeman for Coleman's injury. I mean, if Coleman comes back healthy and the team improves, should Koeman get credit for that?

I like how you use one conclusion as evidence for the second conclusion. "I think now it's becoming clear" is message-board speak for "I strongly believe", much like "it's obvious" and "everyone can see."

Barry is by no means obviously better than Schniederlin, "del boy" had about 3 good games for us ever, and I'm not sure how you can blame Koeman for Coleman's injury. I mean, if Coleman comes back healthy and the team improves, should Koeman get credit for that?

The old team had a real attacking threat, midfield I would say performing better than ours now and the defence was equally to what we have now (goalie was worse to be fair to pickford) . But yes after spending all that money we are in relegation zone- team is worse. Things may improve as they play together more but there are no indications that this is happening at the moment.

I suspect koemans very tough, aggressive player management technique is only making things worse also.

Assuming bobby was still here... and assuming we stayed up last year .... could you actually imagine the line up we would have now? And how many goals we would have condeeded in the fixtures we have had so far?

Assuming bobby was still here... and assuming we stayed up last year .... could you actually imagine the line up we would have now? And how many goals we would have condeeded in the fixtures we have had so far?
I don't really think we should be measuring him against Martinez, then saying that's okay then, we should all expect better than being a tiny bit better than coco was

I don't really think we should be measuring him against Martinez, then saying that's okay then, we should all expect better than being a tiny bit better than coco was

We are in agreement ... im just picturing how bad it could have been , just to try and make myself feel better about how it is now

It seems to have been forgotten almost but all our defensive woes so far, what happened to the publically wanted defender? In fact left sided defender to be specific that koeman kept asking for? It ever happened and we have leaked goals for most of the season.

Going back to the king goal at the weekend, the defence backed off giving him space to shoot and score a brilliant goal. Just bad luck we conceded that.......except United also did it, atalanta also did it, hadjuk split also did it.

There is a pattern emerging, how can you realistically concede at least 4 goals outside the box in like 10 games and they stop being 'one of those goals'?

I have my concerns about the shoehorned attack we have with no potency but there is a real concern for me currently that defensively we are just as bad right now in a tactic that relies on defending.
Interestingly didn't those goals all come down the right?

At least we would have scored more i think. Koeman is almost completely focused on playing defensively - two cdms and back 5s - are his trademark even against weak teams. On the other hand martinez focused only on scoring. Unfortunately for koeman he was the manager on duty when the club decided to sell lukaku early and fail to buy a replacement. I think this may result in a lost season for us...

Holgate was by no means blameless, but the clown was that far up the pitch, that Holgate had a pair of blnos out trying to find him.

Holgate was caught in no mans land, due to the clown going walkiies, YET AGAIN
Watch it from the angle behind King, Holgate commits way too early after being split between 2 b'mouth players, Baines slides across leaving Pickford left side open and then tubby blocks Pickford view and lets it go between his legs. Cuco is nowhere to be seen because Koeman made him our main defensive outlet.

FFS

Ronald Koeman insists there is room for Wayne Rooney, Gylfi Sigurdsson and Davy Klaassen in the same Everton side.

But the Blues boss admits that until confidence is fully restored he has to consider different options.

Everton have won their last two matches after suffering four straight defeats in which they failed to score.

Tomorrow night, Koeman’s side welcome Apollon Limassol to Goodison for their second Europa League Group G fixture looking for a “revenge feeling” after being humiliated by Atalanta on matchday one.

Koeman substituted Rooney and Klaassen last weekend as they trailed to Bournemouth, bringing on Oumar Niasse and Tom Davies in their place, and changing their formation.

The switch worked as Niasse scored twice in five minutes to seal a dramatic first league win since the opening day.

And Koeman admits that even though he has belief that Sigurdsson, Rooney and Klaassen can all play in the same side, being more direct is sometimes the way to go.

“It’s something we are looking to,” he said.

“If the team is really in a good shape, the team is really confident in the football we like to play and we have enough support from other players we can play like this but sometimes if they drop too much back then we need more pace.

“That was the reason why I brought Oumar in against Bournemouth.

“At that moment in the game we missed some pace in front.

“I still believe in the quality of these players. Good players can play in one team, good players like Sigurdsson, Klaassen and Rooney can play out of that position but they need more understanding and also support from other players.

“If you play too much of the long ball than maybe through the midfield then maybe you need to choose for other type of strikers.”

Niasse’s introduction saw Everton play with two up front and allowed them to play a more direct style.

Koeman knows the use of playing long balls - and that it can be popular with Blues fans - but is adamant Everton must be able to strike a balance.

“It’s all about how the team is,” he said.

“Maybe in a difficult match, maybe if the team is not full of confidence in their football then it is an easier option to play with two in front I think so.”

He added: “You can play with long balls.

“Our fans they like if you sometimes play the long ball, if you play direct football and that’s the easiest way to play. “You need to find a balance in both ways to play football.

“Sometimes the long ball is a difficult way to defend for your opponent.

“We don’t have a target man in our front.

“We have Dominic, we have Sandro, we have Niasse.

“They are most of the time running strikers. They make movements, they make runs. Lukaku was different, he was also a target man. That is sometimes different in the way you can play. It’s also about your own confidence. We struggled in our ball possession, we make mistakes and that’s not good for our confidence.”

Sauce: http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...oney-sigurdsson-klaassen-koeman-says-13684273

Bournemouth walked all over EFC for a long part of the second half and failed to nail it. But it was a team with a plan; two at the front and pace on the wing, a midfield that worked hard and supported the attack and a left back that posed a threat.

EFC had none of that. No width, no pace and no plan to support DCL - as usual this season.

And that is down to RK.

Can you believe it? RK reckons that DCL is not a target man. DCL has lived on scraps all season as a target man and has done well. If Lukaku had been playing on saturday he would have switched off after twenty minutes.

The thing is that RK has no idea of his best team but as of today I would drop both Klarsen and Rooney and play Oumar alongside DCL.

FFS

Ronald Koeman insists there is room for Wayne Rooney, Gylfi Sigurdsson and Davy Klaassen in the same Everton side.

But the Blues boss admits that until confidence is fully restored he has to consider different options.

Everton have won their last two matches after suffering four straight defeats in which they failed to score.

Tomorrow night, Koeman’s side welcome Apollon Limassol to Goodison for their second Europa League Group G fixture looking for a “revenge feeling” after being humiliated by Atalanta on matchday one.

Koeman substituted Rooney and Klaassen last weekend as they trailed to Bournemouth, bringing on Oumar Niasse and Tom Davies in their place, and changing their formation.

The switch worked as Niasse scored twice in five minutes to seal a dramatic first league win since the opening day.

And Koeman admits that even though he has belief that Sigurdsson, Rooney and Klaassen can all play in the same side, being more direct is sometimes the way to go.

“It’s something we are looking to,” he said.

“If the team is really in a good shape, the team is really confident in the football we like to play and we have enough support from other players we can play like this but sometimes if they drop too much back then we need more pace.

“That was the reason why I brought Oumar in against Bournemouth.

“At that moment in the game we missed some pace in front.

“I still believe in the quality of these players. Good players can play in one team, good players like Sigurdsson, Klaassen and Rooney can play out of that position but they need more understanding and also support from other players.

“If you play too much of the long ball than maybe through the midfield then maybe you need to choose for other type of strikers.”

Niasse’s introduction saw Everton play with two up front and allowed them to play a more direct style.

Koeman knows the use of playing long balls - and that it can be popular with Blues fans - but is adamant Everton must be able to strike a balance.

“It’s all about how the team is,” he said.

“Maybe in a difficult match, maybe if the team is not full of confidence in their football then it is an easier option to play with two in front I think so.”

He added: “You can play with long balls.

“Our fans they like if you sometimes play the long ball, if you play direct football and that’s the easiest way to play. “You need to find a balance in both ways to play football.

“Sometimes the long ball is a difficult way to defend for your opponent.

“We have Dominic, we have Sandro, we have Niasse.

“They are most of the time running strikers. They make movements, they make runs. Lukaku was different, he was also a target man. That is sometimes different in the way you can play. It’s also about your own confidence. We struggled in our ball possession, we make mistakes and that’s not good for our confidence.”

Sauce: http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...oney-sigurdsson-klaassen-koeman-says-13684273

So it's business as usual, as many number 10's on the pitch as possible and it's up to the rest of the team to work round them.

Sack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back