Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is one of the most ridiculous things I occasionally see on here.

Most of our history was us being a money club, hence the tag 'Mersey Millionaires'.
Funny, cause i see alot of homegrown players, aswell. The up and comming players (u23), are very much a important sigment of the direction, Everton is moving in. don't you think soo aswell?

By the way, we still spend. For the first time, since "the mercy millionare" days, we went out and spend millions. When was the last time, we did that? Just to make a definition about, what is a money club, and when is it not a money club. I say after we got Morishi, we became a money club, before that, nah not soo much. More a retning club, or small investments.

What?

Literally nowhere in my post did I say we are the club with the most expensive players.

Your claim is that who would want to be like City or Chelsea and selling their soul to win titles.

Football clubs don't have souls, it is an entertainment business. City and Chelsea are entertaining their fans with trophies and good players on the pitch. You clearly state you don't want to be like them, that is your prerogative.
Ok, maybe you need to be more clear, about what you mean.
Im refering to Koeman and the curent situation, and you are refering to the whole history of Everton. It would be nice, if we could make a clear line between the two. Otherwise it will only create confusion. Please stay on subject mate.

Formation he uses is not the right fit for the players we have. We know this from our lack of shots at opposition goal.
We need to play dcl and niasse together up top and davies has to start also.Davies has been our best player so far and only one who looks to play forward .
What formation to use for this trio?
And morgan or gueye to play alongside davies?

I don't believe the ship has sailed. Look at Spurs and Atletico Madrid, they had some solid seasons, without trying to buy the titles. Everton could do that. And i believe we will.

The performance was terrible, yes.
But 9 new players (or how many?), is the very reason. But it was the price to pay, to move on.

Not sure about the Spurs shout they have spent a small fortune in years gone by, especially after the Gareth Bale sale, they went on a shopping spree, like us, and it didn't work. Now they are trying to build but it was that money that gave them the foundation with the players that did work out. Athletico are in a 3 team league and have built a good squad but they have been sell to buy I do believe, could be wrong, not massively up on La Liga.

He hasn't been great and he was never worth what we paid for him, but some reasons he is yet to take off with us.

-No preseason
-The formation doesn't suit him, Rooney and or Klassen operating in the areas he likes to drift into
-We don't have a genuine target man to capitalise on his deliveries
-He's never a Barkley type of no 10 who is involved in every move

I agree to a point but he needs to be involved and once over the white lines it's up to him. Rightly or wrongly he will be judged on his price tag because a club like ours simply can't afford to splash out that kind of money with no return on the pitch. It is early days though I am not overly concerned just yet as like you say, other factors aren't helping.

FFS

Ronald Koeman insists there is room for Wayne Rooney, Gylfi Sigurdsson and Davy Klaassen in the same Everton side.

But the Blues boss admits that until confidence is fully restored he has to consider different options.

Everton have won their last two matches after suffering four straight defeats in which they failed to score.

Tomorrow night, Koeman’s side welcome Apollon Limassol to Goodison for their second Europa League Group G fixture looking for a “revenge feeling” after being humiliated by Atalanta on matchday one.

Koeman substituted Rooney and Klaassen last weekend as they trailed to Bournemouth, bringing on Oumar Niasse and Tom Davies in their place, and changing their formation.

The switch worked as Niasse scored twice in five minutes to seal a dramatic first league win since the opening day.

And Koeman admits that even though he has belief that Sigurdsson, Rooney and Klaassen can all play in the same side, being more direct is sometimes the way to go.

“It’s something we are looking to,” he said.

“If the team is really in a good shape, the team is really confident in the football we like to play and we have enough support from other players we can play like this but sometimes if they drop too much back then we need more pace.

“That was the reason why I brought Oumar in against Bournemouth.

“At that moment in the game we missed some pace in front.

“I still believe in the quality of these players. Good players can play in one team, good players like Sigurdsson, Klaassen and Rooney can play out of that position but they need more understanding and also support from other players.

“If you play too much of the long ball than maybe through the midfield then maybe you need to choose for other type of strikers.”

Niasse’s introduction saw Everton play with two up front and allowed them to play a more direct style.

Koeman knows the use of playing long balls - and that it can be popular with Blues fans - but is adamant Everton must be able to strike a balance.

“It’s all about how the team is,” he said.

“Maybe in a difficult match, maybe if the team is not full of confidence in their football then it is an easier option to play with two in front I think so.”

He added: “You can play with long balls.

“Our fans they like if you sometimes play the long ball, if you play direct football and that’s the easiest way to play. “You need to find a balance in both ways to play football.

“Sometimes the long ball is a difficult way to defend for your opponent.

“We don’t have a target man in our front.

“We have Dominic, we have Sandro, we have Niasse.

“They are most of the time running strikers. They make movements, they make runs. Lukaku was different, he was also a target man. That is sometimes different in the way you can play. It’s also about your own confidence. We struggled in our ball possession, we make mistakes and that’s not good for our confidence.”

Sauce: http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...oney-sigurdsson-klaassen-koeman-says-13684273
Can't see what the problem with what Ronnie's saying
Except for his faith in Klassen.

The confidence thing is completely correct.
So many young and new players all trying to work to a system that they need time to understand, adapt and play to including players like Sig (although Rooney seems to get it, just lacks the confident players around him)
They've faced teams well ahead of where they are, and had it stuck to him. Confidence and understanding goes and they get done by Atalanta as well.

I reckon the Blues are lucky for what they have had to face so far. The 'crisis' of confidence they are going through is good for them longer term. and the Blues just haven't bought skills, they've bought character. The team will get through this and be better for it.

Re. the long ball/direct play. Whats the problem with what he's saying. He's being open about it. And I think he's he's trying to talk to the fans.

He's trying to develop a way of playing in the club which sees them compete with the best in PL and in Europe. Unless your attracting the very best players, you have to have ball possession, you can't just lob it long or the top clubs are likely going to destroy you. You want to see your own team with the ball. You want to be able to compete. Koeman will always stick to this philosophy.
But if the players don't get it, if they haven't adapted, if some of the players don't have it in them, if the confidence is low, then it is probably about the worst type of football to watch. And this has been the Blues at times lately.
So when here the frustration and abuse coming from the fans, he gets it. He's not going to change what he's trying to achieve with his style of play,/level of competitiveness, but at least he knows the need to change things during games during this period of development. Niasse and Davies won the match, but so did Koeman.
And with all the pondering around and fecking back passes; well we all get excited when the lads go direct.

Koeman's dealing with a lot of things and in what he's trying to achieve, its probably the hardest job in the PL atm.

Frandel?

The answer is of course Phillip Cuco.

446836-real-madrids-coach-carlo-ancelotti-poses-with-the-champions-league-tro-1413406094.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back