Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope that he saw what everyone else saw at the weekend, that three number 10's isn't working, no matter how many times you try it.

However I think his presser was telling us all to shut up, he knows best and he's carrying on regardless

To be fair, while I think it's not working, that's not the problem which I think he knows.

End of the day, Klassen isn't a number 10 and played for Ajax in a midfield 3.

Siggurdson is a number 10 but has played regularly from the left of an attacking 3. Especially last season, which is why Koeman bust the bank for him.

And Rooney has played along the forward line as a number 9, 10, and an attacking 3.

It's mainly due to the how the players around them operate that Koeman is lost with.

When people say Koeman's lineups are trash, so he tries to prove them wrong by proving them right

Skateboarding-garbage-can.gif

To be fair, while I think it's not working, that's not the problem which I think he knows.

End of the day, Klassen isn't a number 10 and played for Ajax in a midfield 3.

Siggurdson is a number 10 but has played regularly from the left of an attacking 3. Especially last season, which is why Koeman bust the bank for him.

And Rooney has played along the forward line as a number 9, 10, and an attacking 3.

It's mainly due to the how the players around them operate that Koeman is lost with.

Which players do you mean mate? Because I can't for the life of me understand why this keeps getting said when at any given time 2 of those 3 players are players around the other one but yet it is other players who are to blame with us playing cack.

Which players do you mean mate? Because I can't for the life of me understand why this keeps getting said when at any given time 2 of those 3 players are players around the other one but yet it is other players who are to blame with us playing cack.
Klaassen, Rooney and Sig should never be playing together.

They leave it to Williams to press up and try to play the killer ball whilst they faff about falling over one another

Personally, its all down to pace and movement.

Klassen is struggling to adapt so Davies is better playing his position. Instantly brings in pace from deep and a threat.

Siggurdson also hasn't exactly stamped any authority when he's played, which is confirming peoples worries about how effective he is on the ball from open play. Where he's playing, he still should be able to get on the ball and link attacking play.

Rooney isn't thick. If Siggurdson actively gets his foot on the ball and carries the ball inside, Rooney is gonna plough into the box. But the opposite doesn't seem to ring true (Gylfi not making runs when Rooney has the ball).

The big complaint from me is not having any of Lookman, Mirallas, Lennon - anyone with an injection of pace - near the front. It's killing everything.

I mention weeks ago that even Niasse playing would offer more up top as he's pretty rapid. Comes on, bangs two.

Overall, it's focal points in attack as well as these "number 10s" being a mixed bag.

Team sheet indicates Siggy is playing as a 10 and Rooney/Sandro are up front.

That makes plenty of sense to me. Davies on Baines side is hopefully an attempt to get Leighton to push up into the attack and provide some width. I'm willing to see how it plays out before I have a cow about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back