Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tuchel, Pulis or maybe Mark Warburton?

All three different kinds of managers that would get the team playing I think.

I know Pulis may sound a stupid choice but with the current squad a manager like him would make us one of the harder to beat teams in the league.

While I believe in results over style, Mark Warburton would not be a bad appointment by any stretch of the imagination. He installs a winning underdog mentality in his players as shown with wins for Rangers such as the Scottish cup semi final victory and many wins at Brentford. In Scotland he was horrendously unlucky in having to compete with the best side Scotland has seen since the Martin O'Neil side or [Poor language removed] Advocats Rangers.

How many beers you had?

No they didn't, it was clear Unsworth was in charge and I think he's a better coach than the joker. Nothing to lose giving him a go as caretaker.
Yes he is a better coach as that is what he is, Ronnie isn't. We shouldn't be spending 150m and then appointing from within. We are past that now. Bad result against Burnley and I'd be on the blower to Ancelotti. Need to aim high.

Tuchel, Pulis or maybe Mark Warburton?

All three different kinds of managers that would get the team playing I think.

I know Pulis may sound a stupid choice but with the current squad a manager like him would make us one of the harder to beat teams in the league.

While I believe in results over style, Mark Warburton would not be a bad appointment by any stretch of the imagination. He installs a winning underdog mentality in his players as shown with wins for Rangers such as the Scottish cup semi final victory and many wins at Brentford. In Scotland he was horrendously unlucky in having to compete with the best side Scotland has seen since the Martin O'Neil side or [Poor language removed] Advocats Rangers.

giphy.gif

Without jumping on either the In or Out bandwagon, I just have to say...

How many times does he have to make changes at half time before he realises that persisting with the same formation and tactics IS NOT WORKING?

I thought he was supposed to be the pragmatic, do-whatever's-necessary type of manager that we'd need for our transition period.

Instead he's turned into this stubborn, two DM's, 3 #10's and no wingers type of manager and LITERALLY everyone but him can see that it's not working.

Just please, for the love of god, try something different at the weekend instead of waiting until we're 1-0 down at half time before making changes just in time for a valiant but ultimately futile attempt at getting back into the game.

This is just one factor that is incredibly worrying. Changing tactics/formation/personnel occasionally at half time is generally the sign of a good manager, one who realises the game plan isn't working and subsequently adapts his team to the conditions of the match so they're better prepared for the second half.

Changing things at half time essentially every other game is the complete opposite of this; it's incredibly worrying. Especially when it doesn't make things better *cough* Spurs at home.

It's been said about Koeman before but he doesn't seem to possess a definitive ethos around how he wants whatever team he manages to play football. This can be a good thing, as dogmatic managers like Klopp and Wenger (don't forget good ole Bobby Martinez) are guilty of persisting with flawed ideals and are too stubborn to change. The flip side to this of course is that when things are going badly, it doesn't help when you have no idea what you're team is trying to do, as they have no identifiable style. As you say yourself Koeman has a reputation as much more of a pragmatic manager, yet he's now suddenly become incredibly stubborn. Either that, or he has no clue whatsoever what our best starting 11 and tactics/formation should be.

It's even more painful though when you consider how well he did with Southampton and what a solid, well-balanced team he assembled whilst there. It's like he's just forgotten everything good he did there.

If we win Sunday I bet it's a lot lot quieter in here.

I have huge misgivings about the current squad of players but we are lucky to be in a league where there's such a lack of quality outside the top six sides. We should plod along picking up points until Christmas.

I'm not even sold on Koeman either, I just don't see a better alternative out there so why change? Folk on here would only want the next manager gone soon enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back