Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would it though. I would have thought and hoped that koeman as manager gets the final say on ins and outs.

However it wouldn’t surprise me like you say if the greedy board saw the money ahead of ambition

You'd be incorrect there. Koeman doesn't negotiate deals lad. It was understood and agreed he was leaving but the board agrees the price.

If this goes on much longer we might have to get Unsy in to see out the season.I did say before that doing something like that could make things worse.But i doubt things could get any worse than what they are now tbh.
I scoffed at the idea of Unsworth as boss or with Royle when I first heard it mate but it's getting more appealing by the game right now.

Last edited:

His tactics yes but the draw Isn't his fault lol. People moan to start Kenny so he does people moan for one dm ( ok it was half time ) but he made another change. The first goal for them was due to Ashley Williams and the second was klassen fouling which led to the second.

These no markers haven't actually been that bad in this comp. yes we should
Be beating them but we didn't

The second was down to crap defending just like the first.

Please!!! He's not a manager. The board have already pointed this out when they put Royle with him for his one game. Leave him as a coach or any new managers number 2.
No they didn't, it was clear Unsworth was in charge and I think he's a better coach than the joker. Nothing to lose giving him a go as caretaker.

Tuchel, Pulis or maybe Mark Warburton?

All three different kinds of managers that would get the team playing I think.

I know Pulis may sound a stupid choice but with the current squad a manager like him would make us one of the harder to beat teams in the league.

While I believe in results over style, Mark Warburton would not be a bad appointment by any stretch of the imagination. He installs a winning underdog mentality in his players as shown with wins for Rangers such as the Scottish cup semi final victory and many wins at Brentford. In Scotland he was horrendously unlucky in having to compete with the best side Scotland has seen since the Martin O'Neil side or [Poor language removed] Advocats Rangers.

We all knew before the season started that we had a slow, narrow, unbalanced squad. I felt like Koeman should have gone for allowing that to happen before a ball was kicked. He put himself in trouble. When a guy is paid £7 million a year and can't see what every pundit and every fan can he should be sacked.

Some of your points are good but it's to huge a risk ( specially ) with this board of the unthinkable happening. I just don't know who or will come.
I know this has been said before but we ARE to good to go down. Or maybe there are three other teems rubbish enough to go down before us. I don't think players really care if we are midtable, 15th, or 7th. If the money they get is the same then where we finish is likely not gonna matter massively to them. I like to think even I wouldn't get us relegated!

Tuchel, Pulis or maybe Mark Warburton?

All three different kinds of managers that would get the team playing I think.

I know Pulis may sound a stupid choice but with the current squad a manager like him would make us one of the harder to beat teams in the league.

While I believe in results over style, Mark Warburton would not be a bad appointment by any stretch of the imagination. He installs a winning underdog mentality in his players as shown with wins for Rangers such as the Scottish cup semi final victory and many wins at Brentford. In Scotland he was horrendously unlucky in having to compete with the best side Scotland has seen since the Martin O'Neil side or [Poor language removed] Advocats Rangers.
@orly get in here please.
I'm going to bed.

I said this before but the Koeman regime so far consists of all the negatives of the Martinez regime with none of the positives.At least under Martinez we could play exciting football at times.

Except for the fact I think this team can grind out wins when we are going through an obvious bad patch... If Martinez was in charge now I'd probably not rule relegation out in all honesty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back