Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
If unsworth came in then stuggled then what? It's a to big of a risk to appoint him. I don't know who but it has to be someone who has experience in this league not one game against a relegated side on the final day
If Unsy came in and struggled I would expect people or would at least hope people would be patient with him. I personally don't think he is the long term answer at this point and I suspect he probably doesn't either (although maybe is super confident, who knows?) the point is we are going nowhere with this setup and we need a plan. I doubt many managers are talented enough to get us relegated at this point so lets get a guy in (unsworth) who knows its a transitional thing. Then lets figure out what the heck to do to make Everton competitive again!

It was his fault

Had we won 2-1 I'd still be calling him out because his starting tactics for the last 5 games have been utter garbage

He's not even inspiring or motivating the players, they look like they've downed tools just as they did under Martinez

We drew against a 10 man no mark team of part timers from Cyprus, it's about as embarrassing as losing to Marine

His tactics yes but the draw Isn't his fault lol. People moan to start Kenny so he does people moan for one dm ( ok it was half time ) but he made another change. The first goal for them was due to Ashley Williams and the second was klassen fouling which led to the second.

These no markers haven't actually been that bad in this comp. yes we should
Be beating them but we didn't

We are in an awful place right now. Everywhere I look in the squad brings me despair.

Baines should have been phased out two years ago and right back is a mess until Coleman returns. At centre half we are forced to play one of two clowns who will make a mistake in every game that'll likely cost you a goal.

In Schneiderlin and Rooney we've got two players United couldn't wait to get rid of. You could probably count on one hand how many good games they've had between over the past two years so why did we think that'd change here?

Klaassen and Sigurdsson really don't look convincing but I suppose it's early days...

After that we're relying on kids who really aren't that great. The eagerness from some on this board to get them starting every game baffles me. Part of the squad absolutely but none of them are a young Wayne Rooney ready to take the world by storm.

Considering these problems the best we can hope for is to blag our way through to Christmas in the top ten. Genuinely possible because outside of the top six this league is littered with crap.

I don't know who we'd replace him with but TBH right now I don't care. I don't think anyone (with the exception of Martinez who's an even bigger bell) could do a worse job then this fool right now.

If this goes on much longer we might have to get Unsy in to see out the season.I did say before that doing something like that could make things worse.But i doubt things could get any worse than what they are now tbh.

We’re from basics Mr Mk, we’re shoehorning people into an 11 that isn’t working. Basics would be a balanced starting 11 with a set way of playing. Back 4 changes almost weekly, as does the front 4

There was a point in the second half when there were about 6 players who I couldn’t tell were they were supposed to be playing.

Poor Tom had a stinker tonight, but I noted him playing centre mid, right wing, and left mid. Pyar shambles that setup
Apologies.
I thought you meant basics as in "kick and run".
Because that's what is currently being served!

And a new manager will have the same set of players and well no 25 goal striker at the helm. So a new manager will probably have us ok for a few games then bam back to were we was.
We've got the makings of a good side. There's only two problems, Koeman hasn't got a clue and the best team doesn't contains the players he's spent loads of money on (Pickford/Keane apart).

If Unsy came in and struggled I would expect people or would at least hope people would be patient with him. I personally don't think he is the long term answer at this point and I suspect he probably doesn't either (although maybe is super confident, who knows?) the point is we are going nowhere with this setup and we need a plan. I doubt many managers are talented enough to get us relegated at this point so lets get a guy in (unsworth) who knows its a transitional thing. Then lets figure out what the heck to do to make Everton competitive again!

Some of your points are good but it's to huge a risk ( specially ) with this board of the unthinkable happening. I just don't know who or will come.

His tactics yes but the draw Isn't his fault lol. People moan to start Kenny so he does people moan for one dm ( ok it was half time ) but he made another change. The first goal for them was due to Ashley Williams and the second was klassen fouling which led to the second.

These no markers haven't actually been that bad in this comp. yes we should
Be beating them but we didn't

So his tactics had no bearing on the outcome.

Matthew I think perhaps your brain is made of some kind of inert sponge substance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back