Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Without jumping on either the In or Out bandwagon, I just have to say...

How many times does he have to make changes at half time before he realises that persisting with the same formation and tactics IS NOT WORKING?

I thought he was supposed to be the pragmatic, do-whatever's-necessary type of manager that we'd need for our transition period.

Instead he's turned into this stubborn, two DM's, 3 #10's and no wingers type of manager and LITERALLY everyone but him can see that it's not working.

Just please, for the love of god, try something different at the weekend instead of waiting until we're 1-0 down at half time before making changes just in time for a valiant but ultimately futile attempt at getting back into the game.

What has Koeman shown you, so far that he is even competent. Let alone good. It's a bit hipster to suggest someone like Unsy at the moment but at least he would generate of feel good around the place. I don't know where I fall on the side of Davek's "do we have money or don't we" fence but I would guess there is some sort of budget to find the right guy. I don't think Koeman is it. and I would take 2/3 of a season of someone like Unsy avoiding relegation and finding out which of the kids are good enough. Then preferably Moshiri will have lined up a proper plan for the summer.

If unsworth came in then stuggled then what? It's a to big of a risk to appoint him. I don't know who but it has to be someone who has experience in this league not one game against a relegated side on the final day

So ......

What do we judge a manager on?

Tactics?
He can only play one way. Lukaku papered over the cracks last season. Without a target man his tactics just don’t work and we don’t have one. Yet we see the same crap every game no flexibility.

Signings?

Bolasie - awful
Williams - awful
Stek- awful
Klassen - awful
Martina - awful
Rooney - awful
Sandro - awful

Pickford, Gueye have been good and I think Sig and Keane will get better but it’s bit great is it?

And why sign 4 number tens, no strikers wingers or full back cover?

Man management?

Fell out with and alienated Ross, Kev and McCarthy.

Am I missing something?

I've been thinking what we can do to make things better.

Currently, there's a complete lack of balance in the side and in our formations.

Our defence is shaky, largely down to Williams and 2 useless fullbacks who either don't get forward or can't get back (Kenny is an improvement on Cuco to be fair, but he looked short on confidence tonight).

Meanwhile, we persist on playing 2 DMs and 3 No10s.

It's all really uneven.

Then it hit me...

Drop Williams and Both Full backs, and bring in 2 extra DMs and an extra No 10...

- - - - - - - - - - - - Pickford - - - - - - - - - - - -

- - - - - - - - Holgate - Keane (when he's fit)

- Besic - Schneiderlin - Gueye - Mccarthy

Sigurdsson - Klaassen - Rooney - Vlasic

The future...

What has Koeman shown you, so far that he is even competent. Let alone good. It's a bit hipster to suggest someone like Unsy at the moment but at least he would generate of feel good around the place. I don't know where I fall on the side of Davek's "do we have money or don't we" fence but I would guess there is some sort of budget to find the right guy. I don't think Koeman is it. and I would take 2/3 of a season of someone like Unsy avoiding relegation and finding out which of the kids are good enough. Then preferably Moshiri will have lined up a proper plan for the summer.
Unsworth is doing a fine job where he is, leave him there as it is important. Also he's a coach, even the board didn't put him in sole control of the one game he had so they must see him as a coach.

Without jumping on either the In or Out bandwagon, I just have to say...

How many times does he have to make changes at half time before he realises that persisting with the same formation and tactics IS NOT WORKING?

I thought he was supposed to be the pragmatic, do-whatever's-necessary type of manager that we'd need for our transition period.

Instead he's turned into this stubborn, two DM's, 3 #10's and no wingers type of manager and LITERALLY everyone but him can see that it's not working.

Just please, for the love of god, try something different at the weekend instead of waiting until we're 1-0 down at half time before making changes just in time for a valiant but ultimately futile attempt at getting back into the game.
Absolutely nail on the head. His stubbornness is costing us and killing the players' confidence.

Back to basics? Last thing we need Christopher.
We need some identity. A system.
We are currently at basics. We can't become any more remedial or we will end up like Newcastle.

We’re from basics Mr Mk, we’re shoehorning people into an 11 that isn’t working. Basics would be a balanced starting 11 with a set way of playing. Back 4 changes almost weekly, as does the front 4

There was a point in the second half when there were about 6 players who I couldn’t tell were they were supposed to be playing.

Poor Tom had a stinker tonight, but I noted him playing centre mid, right wing, and left mid. Pyar shambles that setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back