Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really depends on how vocal and aggressive the fans are to push him out. The more passive we are the longer he stays

Don’t think the expectations at the top tier of our club have changed all that much and it’s all still a bit small time. Liverpool wouldn’t accept this level of performance, nor should we. The fans can see it, but can the upper echelons?

Moshiri remains an X factor in this regard. Don't know how he'll act.

Any half-decent club sacks the manager if this stays the same. It should very clearly be last chance saloon.

If it were Kenwright, this discussion wouldn't exist of course.

Don’t think the expectations at the top tier of our club have changed all that much and it’s all still a bit small time. Liverpool wouldn’t accept this level of performance, nor should we. The fans can see it, but can the upper echelons?
If Goodison crowd turns hostile, they will be force to act. We are too acceptable to such turgidness.

Any half-decent club sacks the manager if this stays the same. It should very clearly be last chance saloon.

Said the very same the other day Tubes. We pretend to be a big club but they don’t allow runs of form like this to continue.

Said the very same the other day Tubes. We pretend to be a big club but they don’t allow runs of form like this to continue.

It becomes a pride and common sense issue. If you have any ambition to have stature as a club, you aren't 16th after 7 games and coming off the back of a draw at home to the 3rd best team in Cyprus.

Who gets the job though, I'd be worried about Unsy stepping up and not making the grade, then what? Ancelloti has spent his career managing superstars and top teams, not average dross like us at the minute. I'd much rather Koeman turned it around but it's looking unlikely, still don't think the board will act until November/December time if it stays bad

Spot on.

You'd assume that the first port of call, would be sounding out potential replacement(s).

Has this been done, we don't know ?.

However if we lose today, you'd thnk that this process wouid surely start.

OUT.

Who gets the job though, I'd be worried about Unsy stepping up and not making the grade, then what? Ancelloti has spent his career managing superstars and top teams, not average dross like us at the minute. I'd much rather Koeman turned it around but it's looking unlikely, still don't think the board will act until November/December time if it stays bad

That's always the argument against dismissing managers. The answer is I don't know who gets the job, but you should have ambition to do better if you're as bad as this, so you don't keep it going.

There has to be an intolerable level of failure, or you are simply accepting being bad. There has to be a consequence to this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back