Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loads of managers as long as you ignore the Merson-style approach of 'are they premier league proven or have they won a trophy?'

Hiring managers is incredibly complex and is as much about fit as it is how 'good' they've been, it's nearly impossible to accurately recommend a manager unless you know the inner workings of a club. Although I will admit to being a huge cheerleader for Favre last summer...

You also have to consider the squad.

Tuchel is a great manager and plays a lovely style of football. But that style is completely incompatible with the squad Koeman has put together.

I think you do better with a coherent plan for what you want the team to be like over the medium term and build towards it rather than giving a manager, who only intends to stay a couple of years, control over your budget. That way you end up with Bolasie, Sigurdsson and Wiliams for £90m. They fill a gap for a year or two then they are right offs.

You also have to consider the squad.

Tuchel is a great manager and plays a lovely style of football. But that style is completely incompatible with the squad Koeman has put together.

I think you do better with a coherent plan for what you want the team to be like over the medium term and build towards it rather than giving a manager, who only intends to stay a couple of years, control over your budget. That way you end up with Bolasie, Sigurdsson and Wiliams for £90m. They fill a gap for a year or two then they are right offs.

The most worrying this for me is how little sell on value this current squad has. Who would recoup a decent fee? I can't think of anyone we'd get over £20m for. If the next managerial appointment is a shocker this could easily turn into Aston Villa.

20 minutes, won't make any difference for a lot of peeps I think, its gash, proper Martinez level unadulterated gash.

We are so bad even if we get a late goal it's just going to gloss over it.

I am afraid the atmosphere and feeling is shot and he takes the blame.

Nearly time. But....

He won't get sacked though as I've said many times the people that matter don't have any ambition and if the Martinez debacle is anything to go by Moshiri won't step in until the banners are out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back