Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who gets the job though, I'd be worried about Unsy stepping up and not making the grade, then what? Ancelloti has spent his career managing superstars and top teams, not average dross like us at the minute. I'd much rather Koeman turned it around but it's looking unlikely, still don't think the board will act until November/December time if it stays bad

Unsworth, he loves proper winger and pace.

I really hate clubs that change managers every year or two but I'm afraid we are looking at a clueless crowd of individuals yet again and I don't see it improving soon.

However I still remember cushions on the pitch in January 1984 and look what happened afterwards.

That's always the argument against dismissing managers. The answer is I don't know who gets the job, but you should have ambition to do better if you're as bad as this, so you don't keep it going.

There has to be an intolerable level of failure, or you are simply accepting being bad. There has to be a consequence to this.
It's not an argument really, it's just a matter of fact, who's out there better that brings that level of winning and success we all want and I think it'd be unfair to throw Unsy into the deep end. It's frustrating to say the least. I agree there has to be consequence but historically Everton have been quite tolerable...

image.webp

It's not an argument really, it's just a matter of fact, who's out there better that brings that level of winning and success we all want and I think it'd be unfair to throw Unsy into the deep end. It's frustrating to say the least. I agree there has to be consequence but historically Everton have been quite tolerable...

The "who's out there better" is a total unknown. Nobody would have guessed Ranieiri would hand Leicester the title, for example.

You can only go on what you know - and that is whether the current performance is in any way acceptable over a period of time.

The answer to that with Koeman is clearly no. So if you know that, then you don't keep with it. In many ways, something you don't know is better than something you do know if that something is known to be terrible.

Unsworth, he loves proper winger and pace.
As I said in the quoted post I think it'd be risky and unfair to throw Unsworth into the deep end like that. Big step up from U23s. Not to say he wouldn't smash it and do well but it could easily go the other way and then what?

It becomes a pride and common sense issue. If you have any ambition to have stature as a club, you aren't 16th after 7 games and coming off the back of a draw at home to the 3rd best team in Cyprus.

Who are actually 8th in the Cypriot league at the moment I think I saw.

Loads of managers as long as you ignore the Merson-style approach of 'are they premier league proven or have they won a trophy?'

Hiring managers is incredibly complex and is as much about fit as it is how 'good' they've been, it's nearly impossible to accurately recommend a manager unless you know the inner workings of a club. Although I will admit to being a huge cheerleader for Favre last summer...

The "who's out there better" is a total unknown. Nobody would have guessed Ranieiri would hand Leicester the title, for example.

You can only go on what you know - and that is whether the current performance is in any way acceptable over a period of time.

The answer to that with Koeman is clearly no. So if you know that, then you don't keep with it. In many ways, something you don't know is better than something you do know if that something is known to be terrible.
Fair point mate. We'll see soon what way it goes but I'm not holding my breath for any sort of revolution.

Is that like " You know, that I know, that you know, that I know ? "

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back