Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not just a lack of confidence, its a no shape and no organisation issue.

He called out Martinez for his bad defensive record but watching this is just as bad as Martinez

He won’t get sacked. And weirdly, I don’t think he needs to be, this is a team devoid of confidence, not a awful players. We are stuck with them until January, and we should stick with Ronald until the at least

It is an utter mess, and leaves us with a huge problem in who we could bring in, unless they decided to go for Unsworth.
Ancelotti or Tuchel wouldn't go near us.
The only option worse than sacking Koeman is keeping him though.
LOUIS VAN GAAL'S ARMY
LOUIS VAN GAAL'S ARMY

No chemistry in the team whatsoever. I'm quite happy with our squad, think there's a lot of quality and variety. But that was shocking. I wouldn't be too gutted if koeman was shown the door because his whole time here hasn't been enjoyable. That one man city game. Everything else has been a slightly entertaining win. Our squad should be performing a lot better. But that was 11 individuals taking pot shots, no link up play, couldn't string half passes together. Nobody looks like they enjoy football here atm. Would love silva from Watford. He's a miracle worker imo.

Really? I think it's dismal. We've got no stars in that team. It's an assortment of good players who have done well in mediocre sides and a bunch of talented youngsters who probably ought to be out on loan at Championship sides.

I just can't see what you enjoy about what we've got. Put it simply, which player in our squad would we honestly get more than £20m for?

Regardless of who is in charge this squad is a complete mess right now, it might get better with time when players become more comfortable with their surroundings but it's anything but pretty now.

Just look around our team today: Two Championship standard strikers up front, a once brilliant left back who is now spent at this level, Schneiderlin who offers the team absolutely nothing apart from backwards and sideways passing, a right back who couldn't get in the Southampton squad, Williams who is making a glaring mistake every game... I could go on and on but what's the point?

Whoever comes in now has to deal with this absolute mess. If it's Unsworth and he's a complete flop - which easily could be the case - then I'm not exaggerating when I say our Premier League future could be on the line within a season.

The board have to tread very carefully. My gut feeling is still that it's a time for calm heads. At the very least Koeman knows his way around this division and I think he has the ability to get his teams grinding results out.

It's really not a mess of a squad though. Yes it needs a top striker, but that's only because we want to be a top team. The match X8 we can put out is very strong and we have a lot of depth behind it. It's getting them into a system and getting them to be a team is the issue, and that's what a coaches job is.

I don't think he's genuinely under pressure.

That for me is disappointing and shows our boards ambition, to the other top clubs.
He should be,and gets away with thinking the same type of thing for me,not motivating them enough,and we are going sideways/back half the time,or long range shots that go no place at all

Normally spend my out of Ale House life bantering off the Everton Til I Die nutters but oh my this is bad.

Just gave up with Martinez but this is more anger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back