Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately it's been proven every time that when a large influx of players comes into a team, the team struggles. Happens at every level in the game. I'm as pissed off as you, but we have to give him a bit of time. If he's sacked, realistically who are we going to get? Ancelotti is a pipe dream. Unsworth would be the only option.

No, it's a convenient faux excuse. Premier League-level players don't take months to learn how to play cohesively. Sure, players who play together for long periods develop particularly well-tuned chemistry (like Pienaar and Baines), but not being able to play as a cohesive unit after 2 months of playing competitive games together is not the same and it's completely unacceptable.

The question of 'who replaces him if we sack him' comes up every time we change managers. It isn't a valid reason to persist with someone who is now damaging the club.

If Martinez had any inclination with ANYTHING defensive he could have been damn near a class manager.

Strangely enough, one of the best defenders of all time doesn't seem like he has any idea how to make us defensively sound after last year's great showing.
FINALLY.

I've reached the stage I did under Martinez were I don't care anymore. The club has sucked the life out of me, I don't enjoy going the match and I hate the manager and the bulk of our side.

Our problems won't end when we sack Koeman (and I hope he gets sacked soon). This entire club is rotten to the core and is infested with losers, cowards and mercenary's. I'm as down about the club as I've ever been right now, even in the 90's I always felt things would get better but that's gone now. We're just going to exist with people running us with zero ambitions and nothing will change.
Yes nowadays it seems to be 1 step forwards 4 steps back, it's really as bad a I can remember, at least in the past we couldn't afford so call top players, we can now and we are worse.

Selling Lukaku and not bringing in a replacement was scandalous, Koeman, Walsh, Moshiri, whoever, it was ridiculous.

I am worried now. Where are we getting goals from? Niasse and DCL have about 10 league goals between them. We could find ourselves in a relegation battle, that's how bad we are.

I think we will have enough this year to get away from relegation. The worry for me is if the next managerial appointment is a shocker then it could become grim quickly.

I don't know how this current squad could generate funds should the likes of Sigurdsson not settle down and do well for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back