Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
The continued absolutely disgusting set up of our team, clueless tactics and lack of game plan means he should be given the hook. 15 games so far this season and we've mustered about 40 minutes worth if meaningful football and that's unacceptable
Hes in for a shock if he thinks his cold blooded .."Im not passing backwards"(after Apollon)..."nowt to do wiv me ,Guv" stance will wash with us. Its like hes suggesting the players are defying him... when really, there is no game strategy whatsoever to defy. Its a crying shame when our prospects seemed on the up. Its like hes spilling out the jigsaw piece expensive misfits in the hope that they shape up... without him having any idea of the picture on the box lid to ensure that they fit together and do shape up.

Get ready for his usual excuses. Confidence low, players afraid blah blah blah. Everyone except himself is to blame. Drawing with Apollen at home was a real low and then losing to Burnley at home in that fashion just a few days later is really twisting the knife in and wiggling it. Cant see anything changing with him in charge if i am being honest.

Disagree over the striker point. Koeman has said he knew Lukaku was leaving. Surely the striker would have been the first signing we made when the window opened?

He did. But Koeman did not control the timing of his sale. We could have sold Lukaku end of July or start of August with the understanding that we need our replacement first. Board decided to settle for the fees and sell him in June. They would have been confident they'll get the striker over the line just as they got everyone else. Their over confidence back fired.

You could slightly forgive one or two players having an off game here and there at the start of the season, its normal.

I'm very worried that almost every single player in the squad is vastly under performing. A shadow of how they were playing only a few months ago. He's lost the dressing room and I believe the players have zero confidence in him. Already had a team meeting to get to the bottom of the rut we are in, and today we find the club in a more lethargic position.

He hasn't got a clue.

A shout must also go out to our piss poor board who have again flattered to deceive.

The board...... Who's always getting away with it

He did. But Koeman did not control the timing of his sale. We could have sold Lukaku end of July or start of August with the understanding that we need our replacement first. Board decided to settle for the fees and sell him in June. They would have been confident they'll get the striker over the line just as they got everyone else. Their over confidence back fired.
Koeman basically sold Lukaku last season with his crappy comments on the player

Don't want Koeman to be sacked at all. In times like this it seems the most convenient solution. I hope the board does not make the mistake of sacking Koeman.

I know signing three no 10s is not working out. I know we lost Lukaku, I know we are fragile at the back and we are playing dire football. But Koeman is not to be blamed for each and every single thing going wrong. Sigu, Klaassen, Sandro are good players. Two of them in a new league and one without a pre season.

Koeman I believe has been let down by Steve Walsh and the board in not getting a striker over the line. It was the board's decision to sell Lukaku before they got in a suitable replacement, not Koeman's. The onus was on the board and Walsh to get maybe Giroud over the line which they didn't. They also wasted time and ultimately failed to deliver all other options and the understanding would have been to get through w/o a striker till January believing Rooney, DCL and Sigu would be good enough.

Same way they failed to address the left side defender issue. A manager in this day and age gives his options for players. The rest is up to Walsh and the board.

Yes we would have struggled to manage the number of games, the fixures and being weak in certain areas but the manner in which some of our experienced players - Williams, Gana and Schindes has let us down has led to a fearful mentality. Martina was never the answer at RB, I agree with that. But our two DMs neither are protecting our defenders, nor making forward passes. They all sit deep. Again, not necessary that Koeman asks them to do so as he already stated.

Give credit to him atleast for not being stubborn and bringing Niasse back to the fold. Then when we were defensively weak already and out of form, we lost Keane and Jags. We got Keane back but Williams was again a liability. The goal we conceded could have been stopped if one of our DMs had done a better job.

I criticise Koeman for some of his team selection and some signings, but the way we are conceding goals and playing football does not let the players off the hook. Why is no one questioning Walsh?
Mourinho was let down in the same way and got sacked. Did that make him a bad manager? Hazard playing like Matt Jarvis in those times. Was Hazard gash? No!

This is a good manager who does not hide from the truth, and that is what we need. I know its difficult but 100% I believe if we stick with him things will turn. Sacking him and getting Unsy in may get us 1 or 2 quick wins but what happens when he fails later? I don't want us to go on a merrygo round with managers now. The team will not get stable.

What on earth have you seen in his many many seasons of management that makes you think he is good for anything more than, at best, keeping us in our best of the rest position?

What promise of more do you see in him that warrants waiting through the crap on offer over much of his time with us?

Honestly asking. I see a decent manager but nothing more and thought it was a bang average appointment and not very ambitious.

Tactically RK is a moron. On 6 million a year. Its like an old Peter Sellers film.

How did he blag the job? No winger, two defensive players who are both out of form, his most expensive purchase in a depression, finishes the game with three no.10's but no Lennon or Lookman, a journeyman at right-back who would not be allowed to be a water-boy at a real club...

You have forgot the other 2 seasons of crap
I haven't.Martinez failed in the end and Koeman has failed as well. Just saying at least we had some genuine bright spots during Martinez time despite the terrible last two years. hell we even made a semifinal while languishing in 11th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back