Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Can't use the massive team summer overhaul as an excuse. Yes, it takes time for players to gel, but there is no excuse for lacking in the basics.
These fellas are paid a prince's ransom because they are supposed to be exceptional at their job, professional, obsessed with winning and super competitive. Not seeing any of that with Everton. Nobody, from the top down, seem to have any of these qualities.

He did. But Koeman did not control the timing of his sale. We could have sold Lukaku end of July or start of August with the understanding that we need our replacement first. Board decided to settle for the fees and sell him in June. They would have been confident they'll get the striker over the line just as they got everyone else. Their over confidence back fired.

I think Koeman had more of a say than that. He only started making noises about buying a striker towards the end of the window. Before the first Europa league qualifier, he seemed quite happy with the squad.

I'd rather us not play 2 defensive midfielders at home to teams like Burnley (no disrespect to them). Especially when we concede the first goal anyway. Thats down to the Manager I'm afraid. We haven't got licence to put teams on the back foot apparently. Its his responsibility to set the team up in the right way against the opposition in front of him.

When you get comfortably at home by Burnley then something is seriously wrong. They never really broke sweat today, never troubled them at all.

That performance would have not been acceptable if we were away to them at turf Moore let alone at home.

We need a change if just to put the confidence back into the team and get some clarity. Pains me to say it if we carry on we might be in a relegation battle this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back