Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was more my view on Koeman, over a desire for Moyes.

Koeman's credentials were;

* Hollywood name - the board (Moshiri/Ryazantsev) spoke about needing a name and a profile as a manager given the other managers/clubs in the north west.
* Making Southampton competitive.

Big thrill? I've never been convinced on his credentials - I just can't shake how piss poor he was at Valencia an Benfica.

Always felt like he was here short term - never expected him to be here beyond the 3 year contract, still don't.

The worst thing of the board was to appoint an useless dof (above the authority of the manager) and the pe teacher failed to do his job.

But he got 3 seasons.
as I said in a previous post I'm comparing first 18 months. they both had a shot at EL and so far Koemans failing his. both struggled in the league but at least we had some cup runs with Bobby. Both failures still, just Martinez was more enjoyable before it went to crap. Koeman was meh last season and crap this season. not to mention he hasn't looked arsed the whole time he's been here

Pace and width??????? what game were you watching????????

Mate that is what the formation suggested. We had Niasse, DCL and Vlasic up top and created chances cos of Niasse running in channels and DCL's running. The soft goal we conceded affected our already inexperienced attack and timidness came back in our play.

I see your point. So when you put in a 3-0 performance and a comeback 2-1 performance it shows the players are playing for their manager and would have confidence risen.

Limassol - Ashley Williams plays a sunday league back pass and we concede. Then we play back passes for 20 mins. Then we fight again and get 2-1 up. Then we give away a silly FK and concede on a set piece. Its the players.

Burnley - We wanted pace and width for weeks. We got it. We started very well. Then the 1st shot on goal Burnley get they score thanks to cowardice by Schniderlin. If these players were against Koeman they would not have fought in the 2nd half. We needed to keep the shop shut and could have won this game 1-0 or 2-0 late on with the attack we had.

Now onto the next few games. Yes they are all tough. So if we sack Koeman now does that mean Unsy or whoever we get in will have us win against Lyon, Arsenal and Chelsea? The expectations on his shoulders will be huge.

I'm not exactly happy with Koeman's tactics and a couple of his signings but then that's the case with every manager. Just give him this season to see if he improves us and we get a direction and in the meanwhile the board should keep its eyes open for better replacement than him. Sacking him won't make us get to top 6 either. It will just make the fans happy for short term.
I don't think Unsy would come into the fold as anything more than an interim manager (unless he has great success). So yes, there would probably be less pressure on Unsworth to succeed. We can look elsewhere after the season has ended. No harm done.

If you watch the interview hes actually said we don't have a creative player to break down a defence like burnleys.
There’s a point in the first half when Vlasic Is in space and runs over the halfway line but then just stops and looks for the overlap which wasn’t there. To me we do have the creative players but they are not asked to be creative

Mate that is what the formation suggested. We had Niasse, DCL and Vlasic up top and created chances cos of Niasse running in channels and DCL's running. The soft goal we conceded affected our already inexperienced attack and timidness came back in our play.

He played Sigurdsson on the left (basically in central midfield) and Vlasic on the right who must have been told to cut inside.

The width came from past it baines and useless Cuco.

The formation and tactical nous of koeman are shocking.

kinell mate fair play to you. you've managed to find a positive from today's performance. it was dross completely and utterly awful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back