Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have no issue if the board parts ways with him after this season if they are not convinced after 2 years. An interim manager like Unsy would be affected with the expectations from such an expensive squad. He did well winning us that odd game vs Norwich 3-0 cos that was dead rubber last game of the season vs a relegated team. This will be different. And Koeman I still believe has the character to turn this around with time.

We have appointed a Dutch Curbishley at a time when we finally have money and are supposed to be showing ambition. The board thought they were getting in a big name to match the other big name managers in the North East. That is laughable if you just look at Koemans managerial career and not his playing career.

He would likely turn around this form but for me has nothing about him to suggest he will win us a trophy or move us close to competing for top 4. There is no hope there of better things ahead.

What do you see in him that suggests he can achieve success here? I think people are distracted by this idea of giving him time and he can turn this mess around. I don't think it's the point.

The point is the same as when we were searching for our new manager last year. Do we believe this coach can win us something and/or give us a chance of top 4?

When considering Koeman, the answer should have been, and should be now....No. and that's why we should change up.

Positive opening few minutes before their goal and the last 10 mins or so. Obviously they were not enough for a win. And if we sack Koeman these players won't become world beaters in a day either. We're lacking confidence is all. That returns with time and needs some balls from one himself not to let negativity affect you. Our players let the smallest negativity get to their heads.

we started alrite like I'll give you that. finish well though? how mate we didn't create anything and Burnley just sat back because they was defending the league so because we had the ball we finished well? Na not having it we are awful again

Your boy is getting sacked at some point soon. Soz

Hopefully the next boss is better, whoever it is
Listen ..I'm cheesed off actually going to home games and watching crap like today he is certainly not"my boy" in any sense. The board including Mosh have let the fans down again but hey when Tuchel, Silva, Ancelloti etc rock up and we are in the bottom 3 the board will still be here giving the same old lame lies about aspirations and "the future" Ok lets have fat Sam..or Pulis..or Eddie "I'm an Everton Fan" Howe or Dyche et al and see if things change.... won't make a blind bit of difference to my support for them ...pressure is the Wimbledon game in 1994...remember that one ??

I honestly also see where you are coming from, but today we still didn't play with any width.

How many times did Martina or Baines look up only to throw their arms about and hit an aimless ball into the box?

Playing 2 true wingers would be playing with 'width', hugging the touchline and what not.

I think say Unsworth could get the team playing back to basics and with a bit of grit.

Koeman has also spoken about intensity, agression and pressing - we have never ever done it.

What else can Koeman do? Come on the pitch and slap the players for not being intense? Do they find no shame in playing like cowards?

We all want width and Vlasic started cos of his performance in EL.

We have a good quality winger in Mirallas who's attitude is not right. No manager would have a sulker in a team already struggling.

Lennon - is he the answer you feel? All he has is some pace but no product.

Lookman - The most plausible alternate. I agree he should have got more minutes this season. He struggled against Hadjik and hence has been on the outs. I think Koeman has been protecting him cos if he gives him a run and he struggles his confidence will be shaken. Vlasic on the other hand seems like a fighter and it shows in his game. So our two wingers are 19 and 20 with few experience. Youngsters need senior players around them and that way they also get confidence. You don't put the burden on their shoulders all of a sudden.

Bolasie, we are missing him badly.

I wish Koeman had signed one quality pacy winger considering Bolasie was out instead of signing either Klaasen or Sigu. That is a trick missed.

Listen ..I'm cheesed off actually going to home games and watching crap like today he is certainly not"my boy" in any sense. The board including Mosh have let the fans down again but hey when Tuchel, Silva, Ancelloti etc rock up and we are in the bottom 3 the board will still be here giving the same old lame lies about aspirations and "the future" Ok lets have fat Sam..or Pulis..or Eddie "I'm an Everton Fan" Howe or Dyche et al and see if things change.... won't make a blind bit of difference to my support for them ...pressure is the Wimbledon game in 1994...remember that one ??

I do remember 94. In tears at half time, elation at full time.

I don't trust the board to manage the hiring of the next coach well. Not one bit. I'd still prefer they got rid of this unambitious choice though. He was a Ronseal choice....does what it says on the tin. Let's get somebody with a bit of a higher ceiling to what they might achieve....even if they ultimately fail it would be nice to believe in the coach and team again after these last 3 seasons.

What else can Koeman do? Come on the pitch and slap the players for not being intense? Do they find no shame in playing like cowards?

We all want width and Vlasic started cos of his performance in EL.

We have a good quality winger in Mirallas who's attitude is not right. No manager would have a sulker in a team already struggling.

Lennon - is he the answer you feel? All he has is some pace but no product.

Lookman - The most plausible alternate. I agree he should have got more minutes this season. He struggled against Hadjik and hence has been on the outs. I think Koeman has been protecting him cos if he gives him a run and he struggles his confidence will be shaken. Vlasic on the other hand seems like a fighter and it shows in his game. So our two wingers are 19 and 20 with few experience. Youngsters need senior players around them and that way they also get confidence. You don't put the burden on their shoulders all of a sudden.

Bolasie, we are missing him badly.

I wish Koeman had signed one quality pacy winger considering Bolasie was out instead of signing either Klaasen or Sigu. That is a trick missed.

In summary, he's lost the team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back