Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have appointed a Dutch Curbishley at a time when we finally have money and are supposed to be showing ambition. The board thought they were getting in a big name to match the other big name managers in the North East. That is laughable if you just look at Koemans managerial career and not his playing career.

He would likely turn around this form but for me has nothing about him to suggest he will win us a trophy or move us close to competing for top 4. There is no hope there of better things ahead.

What do you see in him that suggests he can achieve success here? I think people are distracted by this idea of giving him time and he can turn this mess around. I don't think it's the point.

The point is the same as when we were searching for our new manager last year. Do we believe this coach can win us something and/or give us a chance of top 4?

When considering Koeman, the answer should have been, and should be now....No. and that's why we should change up.

Mate I'm with you when we compare Koeman's maximum capacity. I do not see him as a long term appointment. When we got him, we had Martinez who was underachieving with his squad for a 2nd consecutive season and was not even changing his ways. Koeman had done a good job at Southampton and had PL experience. His initial job was to steady our team and that is what he did. I believe all this UCL talk is just to show what our ambition is to the world and the fans. Everyone knows its not that easy considering how much money now gets you a previously 30M player. I think Koeman's job is to keep us around the top 6 and win an odd League Cup or an FA cup. That would be a reasonable ambition.

Mark Hughes went from Blackburn to Man City and was not the long term option either remember. Its the same here.

Mate I'm with you when we compare Koeman's maximum capacity. I do not see him as a long term appointment. When we got him, we had Martinez who was underachieving with his squad for a 2nd consecutive season and was not even changing his ways. Koeman had done a good job at Southampton and had PL experience. His initial job was to steady our team and that is what he did. I believe all this UCL talk is just to show what our ambition is to the world and the fans. Everyone knows its not that easy considering how much money now gets you a previously 30M player. I think Koeman's job is to keep us around the top 6 and win an odd League Cup or an FA cup. That would be a reasonable ambition.

Mark Hughes went from Blackburn to Man City and was not the long term option either remember. Its the same here.

But why do you want to keep a manager with that limitation?

I'm all for patience with a manager but only if I can believe in what they might do or the possibilities of what they can achieve.

If you know he is just another Moyes type manager why not want him out for somebody who can do better now, or who could possibly do better down he line?

Who's coming? Who can we attract and give your heads a wobble if your thinking ancellotti or anyone of that calibre

Similar to a point when we believe Jose may come. These high profile manager won't come at this moment not when Moshiri and BK are in charge. We may get someone like Moyes back.

It's just incredibly frustrating isn't it?

The players just seem so fragile mentally. I listened to the first 30 minutes on the radio and it seemed like we were creating some chances. One of those goes in, we settle down and maybe win comfortably. Instead we conceede against the run of play and their heads go down again.

I respect the people saying give Koeman time but do you honestly think he can turn this round? (Genuinely asking the question).

Its not just Koeman to blame, for me he is out of his depth as becomes clearer with each game.
The club really needs a clear out at board level, the whole thing is odd. If Moshiri was serious why not take the option and buy the controlling
shares? It is like Bills preferred buyer he was searching years for, was someone who could contribute just enough to let Bill maintain control.

Walsh appears to be another waste of space on the gravy train also, the board and management are terrible sucking the life out the club
Who would come here and work under this board? I think it has been an eye opener for Koeman who lets not forget stated clearly to the Guardian
when interviewed last year ` the club will show its intent by keeping Lukaku` ......... we then sold him at the earliest opportunity apparantly three months earlier! and knowing this failed to bring anyone in.

The whole thing is a shambles we would have been better keeping last years team and playing Niasse as Roms replacement instead we have panic bought with a bang average manager, the blame for this fiasco is entirely on the board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back