Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheers mate.

Well he was pretty adamant there wasn't he. Better not have that bet on us now.:(

TBH, if he'd said yes, I just know I'd get a shitload of stick from my RS mates.

One of those though isn't it. He's asked a question and no matter which way he answers he's gonna upset somebody. I just wish he wasn't laughing when he said it, like the concept of us winning the league is so comical!!

He can't really say he thinks winning the league is realistic, even if he thought it was. A group-stage champions league place would probably represent the holy grail of his ambition, and even that will probably be out of reach. We just have to keep plugging away game by game.
One of the very few things Martinez said which was sensible is that you can only think about targets with 8 games to go. Let's see where we are at the end of March. A lot of football to be played by then. In this league, lose two on the bounce and some have the knives out. I think we'll surprise a few people and give some of our peer clubs a run for their money.

Think he probably gave the right response on the title talk. Much harder league this season, all the money ect. It's just something to report about with early expectations. See Guardiola's response to being asked about City doing the quadruple, similar sort of lacklustre questions being asked. Best thing to do is laugh it off, give a reasoned response and let the results do the talking.

We have now seen West Ham, Man Utd and Chelsea drop 6/5 points in the last two games. This gives us a little breathing space and with Bournemouth and Palace up next it gives us even more opportunity to rack up the points. RK will know better than me how to approach these games but I am confident he will go for the wins. The great position we have put ourselves in puts us in a great position in ensuring we don't drop to many places when we eventually lose games or have a dip.
Keep winning up to the City game, the the job gets more difficult...but in someways easier as we have good points on the board..

i think west ham need to string a fair few results together before we can start thinking about including them this season. 5 games gone and we're already 10 points ahead of them.

Serious question: why do high profile people involved in Dutch football always seem to think they alone know how to play football and will use every opportunity to use the media to attack any other Dutchman who also think they know best how to play football?
just pure arrogance mate, and the demand that Holland/dutch teams play stylish football along with winning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back