Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
This. Everything here is what is wrong with the club. "We aren't expected to win the next 3 games"

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum ... nothing but the best is good enough is OUR OWN motto. This mentality is disgusting and we couldn't be as far away from this if we tried.
I agree and don't at the same time, I don't believe the club will look at it and say we don't expect to win.

However I think the approach would be the way we are currently playing, Arsenal and Chelsea are tough games to get a result so instead of a caretaker/ Unsworth coming in to tough games from a poor run of form get Arsenal and Chelsea out the way and unless Koeman gets a result and shows positive progress. Then bring in a replacement when the caretaker/replacement will have a good run at getting something and building on a positivity of change of manager against easier opposition.

Never see the need to demonise a manager, if he goes it didn't work out shake hands and walk away, both parties move on, never see the need to go to town. If nothing else he achieved European football last season, he has recruited well and I have no doubt the players he has signed (except Klassen) are good ones and will go on to have good careers here.

Personally feel the club made a massive gaff in the summer with the Lukaku situation and subsequent recruitment. But Koeman now seems to have crossed the rubicon, in the sense of loosing the fan base, players and I would imagine shortly the board.

It's a pity because he is not a bad manager, maybe he is the wrong fit, but I think there are other fundamental problems then Koeman, the board to be frank.

Never see the need to demonise a manager, if he goes it didn't work out shake hands and walk away, both parties move on, never see the need to go to town. If nothing else he achieved European football last season, he has recruited well and I have no doubt the players he has signed (except Klassen) are good ones and will go on to have good careers here.

Personally feel the club made a massive gaff in the summer with the Lukaku situation and subsequent recruitment. But Koeman now seems to have crossed the rubicon, in the sense of loosing the fan base, players and I would imagine shortly the board.

It's a pity because he is not a bad manager, maybe he is the wrong fit, but I think there are other fundamental problems then Koeman, the board to be frank.

There is no need. But our club are happy for the club to be dragged through the mud for months too long. They don't sack until it's so uncomfortable for all involved that they have no option but to sack. They are a shoddy bunch of amateurs.

I think he is a bad fit, he just isn't Everton, I don't think he gets Everton other than a desire to win, but he is a Barcelona man and on that basis that's where he wants to be and any team that isn't that level is just a platform.

Were he got this wrong is that it doesn't matter where you are if you are good enough you should be able to make any team successful. That is the sign of a great manager and dissapointingly Korman is not!

It saddens me mate that until changed is made at boardroom level we will be nothing but PL club and achieving staying in the league is good as it gets. Sigh!

I agree and don't at the same time, I don't believe the club will look at it and say we don't expect to win.

However I think the approach would be the way we are currently playing, Arsenal and Chelsea are tough games to get a result so instead of a caretaker/ Unsworth coming in to tough games from a poor run of form get Arsenal and Chelsea out the way and unless Koeman gets a result and shows positive progress. Then bring in a replacement when the caretaker/replacement will have a good run at getting something and building on a positivity of change of manager against easier opposition.

After the run of games against city, United, spurs and Chelsea, when we lost to Burnley, moshiri did a press reslease stating the Burnley game was the “only unexpected loss“. Which was an admission that they didn’t expect to win the others.

It saddens me mate that until changed is made at boardroom level we will be nothing but PL club and achieving staying in the league is good as it gets. Sigh!

I think the Koeman issue is the easy win, sacking him will gain some kind of appeasement.

But it's not the fundamental issue in my opinion. Part of the problem at the moment is the Lukaku and striker recruitment there afterwards was badly mishandled by the board. That is fundamental to what we are seeing on the pitch.

We have had two big summer windows now under Moshiri well resourced and both have been squandered by the current the board (note Moshiri isn't on the board).

It's gotten to the point that this mismanagement is hurting the club and is an obstacle to making progress.

I often backed Kenwright on here, he was the right chairman at a certain time. Yet the resources of the club, profile of the player we are trying to recruit and the market we are now exposed to are just beyond a Kenwright led board in my opinion and the evidence is in the last two summer transfer windows.

That's not said with malice as I have a lot of admiration and respect for him for what he did in a very dark hour and the progress we made with him in a certain point in our recent history, but the task is now is beyond a Kenwright led board.

It's actually nothing personal with Bill in fact it's the entire board who should be in part culpable.

For me like I said sacking Koeman is the easy win but the problems at Everton are more fundamental and the bigger issue is the board.

Last edited:
I think the Koeman issue is the easy win, sacking him will gain some kind of appeasement.

But it's not the fundamental issue in my opinion. Part of the problem at the moment is the Lukaku and striker recruitment there afterwards was badly mishandled by the board. That is fundamental to what we are seeing on the pitch.

We have had two big summer windows now under Moshiri and both have been squandered by the current the board (note Moshiri isn't on the board).

It's gotten to the point that this mismanagement is hurting the club and is an obstacle to making progress.

I often backed Kenwright on here, he was the right chairman at a certain time, the resources of the club, profile of the player we are trying to recruit and the market we are now exposed to are just beyond a Kenwright led board in my opinion and the evidence is in the last two transfer windows. That's not said witn malice as I have a lot of admiration and respect for him for what he did in a very dark hour and the progress we made with him in a certain point in our history, but the task now is beyond a Kenwright led board.

It's actually nothing personal with Bill in fact it's the entire board who should be in part culpable.

For me like I said sacking Koeman is the easy win but the problems at Everton are more fundamental and the bigger issue is the board.

Nail on the head mate! 100% agree with you here.

After the run of games against city, United, spurs and Chelsea, when we lost to Burnley, moshiri did a press reslease stating the Burnley game was the “only unexpected loss“. Which was an admission that they didn’t expect to win the others.
I agree we shouldn't have that attitude or approach.

I was looking at it from changing of the manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back