Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the Koeman issue is the easy win, sacking him will gain some kind of appeasement.

But it's not the fundamental issue in my opinion. Part of the problem at the moment is the Lukaku and striker recruitment there afterwards was badly mishandled by the board. That is fundamental to what we are seeing on the pitch.

We have had two big summer windows now under Moshiri and both have been squandered by the current the board (note Moshiri isn't on the board).

It's gotten to the point that this mismanagement is hurting the club and is an obstacle to making progress.

I often backed Kenwright on here, he was the right chairman at a certain time, the resources of the club, profile of the player we are trying to recruit and the market we are now exposed to are just beyond a Kenwright led board in my opinion and the evidence is in the last two transfer windows. That's not said witn malice as I have a lot of admiration and respect for him for what he did in a very dark hour and the progress we made with him in a certain point in our history, but the task now is beyond a Kenwright led board.

It's actually nothing personal with Bill in fact it's the entire board who should be in part culpable.

For me like I said sacking Koeman is the easy win but the problems at Everton are more fundamental and the bigger issue is the board.

With all respect, why should we keep Koeman? Why should Everton accept this level of performance and results?

Not convinced on his player judgement in the slightest. Seems to love people who are good at one particular part of football but are ultimately very limited.

The problem with blaming the problems on not having a striker is that it doesn't address us conceding goals for fun on the other end. What is Lukaku so scary that Arsenal wouldn't have attempted to score all game. The defenders are meh but also the manager is responsible for organizing and we aren't that

Just noticed after the Ozil goal the camera goes to Koeman and you can see Martina getting ready to come on.

Hahaha

My post wasn't making a case for Koeman mate, it's a broader analysis then just moving around deck chairs on our current titanic to stop the water getting in.

I don't think we can do much worse tbh. Of course any change is a risk. But when you're so poor to start with, then the risk is fairly low. It's negligent to allow even more of those season to be ruined by a manager who is making us apparently progressively worse.

Koeman should have been sacked tonight. His arrogance needs booting out the club. Let him go for for the Barca job. He's damaged goods of which is his own doing. He knew lukaku was leaving but pinned hopes on giroud. When his wife said no, no plan b. Utter shambles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back