Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its obvious on yesterdays showing gareth barry was not fit and a wrong team selection in Oviedo { why did Holgate get dropped we could have played with a three man back yesterday crammed the midfield RK got it wrong for once in his era at the blues give him time it will take time!
for large swathes of our matches this year we have been rubbish, be lucky to finish top 10 and still in the same boat next summer when it comes to luring better players, Koeman has not been able to entice better players, £6m per year for the same old tosh, we should have appointed Unsworth and Sheedy and I believe that is where we will end up in the next 18 months.......... next Barca manager ffs laughable

Actually, without criticising Koeman I'd like Unsworth to be given a go when the next manager vacancy occurs. It worked for those across the park with Shankly/Paisley/Fagan and I like what I see in Unsworth. Also like and trust Walsh. Something to be said in having those with a genuine interest in the club. Joe Royle wasn't bad either...

Actually, without criticising Koeman I'd like Unsworth to be given a go when the next manager vacancy occurs. It worked for those across the park with Shankly/Paisley/Fagan and I like what I see in Unsworth. Also like and trust Walsh. Something to be said in having those with a genuine interest in the club. Joe Royle wasn't bad either...
Different times and pressures.Plus Paisley was taking over a successful team. Anyway this question is along way in the future, but I would much prefer someone with more managerial experience.

for large swathes of our matches this year we have been rubbish, be lucky to finish top 10 and still in the same boat next summer when it comes to luring better players, Koeman has not been able to entice better players, £6m per year for the same old tosh, we should have appointed Unsworth and Sheedy and I believe that is where we will end up in the next 18 months.......... next Barca manager ffs laughable
TBH I thought the last pairing of our last home game last season did well add Sheedy to that who knows how to play the game I can't argue with you!

It's very rare you get a situation where teams play well for 90 minutes. It's about grinding out results and so far he's done a far better job of that than Martinez. Early days I know.

I'm not overly concerned by performances if we're winning games.

This weekend has shown that Koeman is not the messiah and can't work miracles with this squad. The warning signs were there against Norwich but I thought ok it's a league cup game and he might have said this is not our priority but this has wiped away any doubts, unfortunately we now we know we can get beat even by crap teams when we don't bring our A game for at least a half.

However this is not the time to panic and say Koeman is a rubbish, the players all need replacing and Moshiri is a fraud. All those statements are false. We have won games this season and will do again, what is left to see is if this defeat is going to be a regular occurrence or is it more of a once in a while result. We need to make sure that we are difficult to beat at Goodison (unlike last season) and the players put the energy in, if we start having lacklustre (league) performances at home then we can start worrying.

We lost one away game by one goal, this happens and we have to deal with it without throwing all the toys out of the pram. It's going to be a long season but this game coming up against palace will give a good indication where we are heading. Hopefully Koeman can earn his corn and give them a good kick up the backside and we can produce at least a performance after the last two let downs. COYB

Did I miss the poll?. I vote out.
1b7188.webp

This weekend has shown that Koeman is not the messiah and can't work miracles with this squad. The warning signs were there against Norwich but I thought ok it's a league cup game and he might have said this is not our priority but this has wiped away any doubts, unfortunately we now we know we can get beat even by crap teams when we don't bring our A game for at least a half.

However this is not the time to panic and say Koeman is a rubbish, the players all need replacing and Moshiri is a fraud. All those statements are false. We have won games this season and will do again, what is left to see is if this defeat is going to be a regular occurrence or is it more of a once in a while result. We need to make sure that we are difficult to beat at Goodison (unlike last season) and the players put the energy in, if we start having lacklustre (league) performances at home then we can start worrying.

We lost one away game by one goal, this happens and we have to deal with it without throwing all the toys out of the pram. It's going to be a long season but this game coming up against palace will give a good indication where we are heading. Hopefully Koeman can earn his corn and give them a good kick up the backside and we can produce at least a performance after the last two let downs. COYB
I agree. However if he's not the Messiah ,WHO IS??!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back