Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Press conference day. Woe betide the first journo who asks him a question about Barkley.
I don't get why journalists aren't allowed to ask the question tbh. He's been our worst player this season, yet the manager continues to play him every game, but the journalists should be allowed to pose the question as to whether he'll continue playing despite his appalling form, or even if the manager is considering resting him, etc. If Stekelenberg was performing so badly the question would be asked, same with Lukaku or anybody. Don't get why Koeman reacted like a little bish last time.

I don't get why journalists aren't allowed to ask the question tbh. He's been our worst player this season, yet the manager continues to play him every game, but the journalists should be allowed to pose the question as to whether he'll continue playing despite his appalling form, or even if the manager is considering resting him, etc. If Stekelenberg was performing so badly the question would be asked, same with Lukaku or anybody. Don't get why Koeman reacted like a little bish last time.

I said on here it would happen, I think he will call a player out if things are going well because it doesn't make such a big deal, but when were losing I think he will be more protective because all the media will just latch on and blame that one player.

Agree on this, sad to say but Ross has played himself onto the bench, giving him an automatic start is questionable.

Agree on this, sad to say but Ross has played himself onto the bench, giving him an automatic start is questionable.

then again mate we don't have many alternatives there and, for arguments' sake, he wasn't any worse than any other player vs Bournemouth.

It's a two-sided coin. Drop him, in which case he has no opportunity to refind his form unless it's a sub appearance, or start in the hope he can use that game-time to re-find his form.

It's over-egged anyway. He has had two poor games on the bounce, but because of what happened vs Sunderland it's a bigger deal.

I'll back Koeman with whatever decision he makes, as it'll be the right one for the team I am sure based on what he, as manager, has seen from the players.

I really do wish journalists would at least sometimes ask relevant and explorative questions, rather than the safe, bland drivel they endlessly serve up, so boring. Guess we know what might happen if they did like, but wish they'd just try it occasionally. As for Barkley, while nowhere near brilliant I don't think He has been our worst player this season. On a par with a few, not as good as others, but not worst.

I really do wish journalists would at least sometimes ask relevant and explorative questions, rather than the safe, bland drivel they endlessly serve up, so boring. Guess we know what might happen if they did like, but wish they'd just try it occasionally. As for Barkley, while nowhere near brilliant I don't think He has been our worst player this season. On a par with a few, not as good as others, but not worst.

They are better in Europe at asking tougher questions, Mourinho @ Real Madrid regularly looked uncomfortable/uneasy at press conferences. Here, its a love-in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back