Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
He looks like a tubby Mo Johnson.
...you've nailed that...

mojohnston.jpeg

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpwu3ogy1mjdkzty5ymmzzjkyndyyzda3ntriownmnty3.jpeg

He sounds like he backtracks on his post game analysis...tones the criticism down on the team by saying it wasn't so much B'mouth's greater aggression, more that they left too much distance between the lines when pressing.

Maybe he's had a word in his ear from the current dressing room shop steward.

He sounds like he backtracks on his post game analysis...tones the criticism down on the team by saying it wasn't so much B'mouth's greater aggression, more that they left too much distance between the lines when pressing.

He does, after reviewing the game as a whole he came up with the answer.

Ronny doesnt listen to plotters.

Initial criticism is fine. But if criticism is extended it serves no constructive purpose in management.

You don't lambast a player when you want a performance. You only lambast them when they're doing something wrong.

Later you give constructive feedback before what is an entirely different game.

I see nothing unusual here Dave.

Off topic but I wonder if anyone could link me to the thread where the GOTer who is an artist, recently sketched a pic of the Everton team
Thanks in advance

If he isn't then he views him as a player that he intends to use. By the same token, I would have thought that he was pleased he was getting game time during the break.
He has previous here. IIRC he was scathing about Long's use by the RoI when he was getting back from injury.

Maybe Roy Keane got his fat Dutch head in an armlock and smacked him some time.

Initial criticism is fine. But if criticism is extended it serves no constructive purpose in management.

You don't lambast a player when you want a performance. You only lambast them when they're doing something wrong.

Later you give constructive feedback before what is an entirely different game.

I see nothing unusual here Dave.
It reads to me like this:

Came out post match and gave the media the blunt talking Ronald routine...the man who pulls no punches, yada yada yada. Then he later thinks that it's a better idea to make sure the progress he's made with the team thus far is to the fore instead: so the positives of last week are highlighted more and the initial 'searing criticism' is counter productive to that.

Koeman is no different to all managers - they frame everything as evidence that they are in complete control and the plan is working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back