Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
It reads to me like this:

Came out post match and gave the media the blunt talking Ronald routine...the man who pulls no punches, yada yada yada. Then he later thinks that it's a better idea to make sure the progress he's made with the team thus far is to the fore instead: so the positives of last week are highlighted more and the initial 'searing criticism' is counter productive to that.

Koeman is no different to all managers - they frame everything as evidence that they are in complete control and the plan is working.

But he said it wasnt working, he said some of the players didnt press, he also implied that some players will be dropped.

Good to have a manager after all theses years it is a pleasure to listen to, after the last useless clown and Moyes before that its a refreshing change.

But he said it wasnt working, he said some of the players didnt press, he also implied that some players will be dropped.
What he said was that he saw things clearer and differently later in the week after watching videos of it and that the problem wasn't that Bournemouth were more aggressive and that Everton were not at the races early on but that there was pressing whicn was disjointed.

It's a different analysis from half an hour after that game.

What he said was that he saw things clearer and differently later in the week after watching videos of it and that the problem wasn't that Bournemouth were more aggressive and that Everton were not at the races early on but that there was pressing whicn was disjointed.

It's a different analysis from half an hour after that game.

Thats cos watching a game live is the worst way to watch football David.

Thats cos watching a game live is the worst way to watch football David.
He should self censor himself then. If he can't see the contours of a game pitch side for 90 minutes and has to rely on watching videos of the game later to form his definitive opinion then he should play a straight bat in post match interviews.

Good to have a manager after all theses years it is a pleasure to listen to, after the last useless clown and Moyes before that its a refreshing change.
How is he blunt talking though when he has to come back out four days later and correct his initial overview of the match? I wouldn't call that a pleasure to listen to. It's more an embarrassing admission he couldn't follow the game he was looking at two feet away from the pitch.

Dave
I'm a bit confused. During the Martinez era I totally, and ultimately incorrectly, supported your loyalty to Roberto.

You can put this down to my ability to support anything regardless of how silly it is (my friends would rip me for supporting Tesco just because I pushed trolleys round for them at the time).

So now I'm gutted that you are looking for any and every excuse and whimsy to criticise Koeman - with nothing material to back it up.

We were on the same side, but negativity for negativity sake is just plane weird.

Onwards and upwards

How is he blunt talking though when he has to come back out four days later and correct his initial overview of the match? I wouldn't call that a pleasure to listen to. It's more an embarrassing admission he couldn't follow the game he was looking at two feet away from the pitch.
Well that he can come back 4 days later and admit something else is still pretty refreshing if I'm honest.

He should self censor himself then. If he can't see the contours of a game pitch side for 90 minutes and has to rely on watching videos of the game later to form his definitive opinion then he should play a straight bat in post match interviews.

Hang about.

Wasn't he being lauded here a few weeks ago for subbing McCarthy after half an hour at Baggies and hooking Ross at half time at Sunlun?

Now he needs to watch a video recording to see where things went wrong?

Is that what I'm hearing?

The last one was an utter clown so having Ronald as our manager is such a good blessing. He will be fine, the players just need to adopt or we will bring more players in.

Hang about.

Wasn't he being lauded here a few weeks ago for subbing McCarthy after half an hour at Baggies and hooking Ross at half time at Sunlun?

Now he needs to watch a video recording to see where things went wrong?

Is that what I'm hearing?
you're hearing Dave chatting horsepoo. Nothing more nothing less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back