Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Add lukaku to that.
cFoHq1o.gif

I'm genuinely lost as to his tactics in games. He doesn't have a particular style and tonight's formation was the worst of the lot. More solid defensively of course but the only continuity tonight was several long balls. Poor last 3 games now in my opinion

We sit far too deep in defence. Jags and Williams lack of pace probably to blame. It probably has lead to less goals conceded but also makes our team so disjointed with the distance between the defence, midfield and forwards being to great to easily keep possession. Which brings me to the next point.

We launch numerous and continued hopeless long balls from centre half and left back positions surrendering possession far too easily which is criminal in modern day football.

If the last 3 games were under martinez he'd have rightly been slaughtered. Hopefully Koeman has a plan but so far we have beaten 3 extremely poor sides and struggled badly against some mediocre sides. Spurs excepted. Playing some awful football in the process. The manager deserves time but it's not good to see thus far.

making some strange decisions at times,made subs early on in 1st few games that worked out pretty well as he wasnt scared to make them,next games etc he seemed to be scared to make subs of certain players,for me at times hes saying we are better than what we actually were,still early days,started well,and had the best start ever i think it said about everton boss earlier

Mad how we're currently sitting 3rd after six games yet it's almost universally agreed that we're still looking very average.

Granted our fixture list has been relatively kind so far, but it's still hard to gauge where we're actually at right now considering we have a new manager coming off the back of two pretty dismal seasons.

Realistically, was anyone else expecting us to be in this position after the six games we've had?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back