Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the 'entertainers' thing had been put to bed months ago.

Martinez was lazy, bordering on negligent when he sent the team out to play Ian Holloway football last season. It takes literally no effort for a manager to tell his side to just bomb on and see what happens.
This is the best description of the Martinez game plan I've read, thanks.

I think he has the base of a decent side, not much better than that though.

I would be happy for us to be strong at the back all season and nick as many games and points as we can by going solid, sod entertainment! 2 years of the Spanish Ian Holloway have done me in.

Hard work, solid where it matters and enough up front to nick games when the chances fall to them.

I scrutinise the 7 games so far in terms of stylistic differences between him and Moyes/Martinez. I dont do it over points won or league position. It's way too short a period for the latter, but we can discern the early style adopted by Koeman and discuss it.

One game at a time dave

Southampton had a net spend of £2.7m in the year Koeman got them to sixth.

You really are clueless about football.

coming from you, i'll take that as a massive compliment.

Clearly you dont understand that i was responding to comments in the thread which stated this...

Again though i'm happy to take any negativity from you as a compliment.

Edit: Oh, now i see that alot of posters are saying the squad isnt great...something ive said for 2 years.....bobo.

coming from you, i'll take that as a massive compliment.

Clearly you dont understand that i was responding to comments in the thread which stated this...

Again though i'm happy to take any negativity from you as a compliment.

Edit: Oh, now i see that alot of posters are saying the squad isnt great...something ive said for 2 years.....bobo.

Yeah, its not like Koeman tried to sign about 9 players in the Summer or nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back