Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
not the way i remember him, plenty on here were saying he was the best defensive midfielder in the league circa 2011

he's like a complete midfielder. not great at one aspect but good at all of it, breaking play up, tackling, defending set peices, attacking at set peices, the type of player we really could utilise to be honest. plus he grabs 5 -10 goals a season

he's like a complete midfielder. not great at one aspect but good at all of it, breaking play up, tackling, defending set peices, attacking at set peices, the type of player we really could utilise to be honest. plus he grabs 5 -10 goals a season
i wouldn't think twice about having him back, he's a more effective player than McCarthy put it that way - offers much more. I think people underestimate how important it is to have a bit of physical presence in your team, its one of the reasons Arsenal haven't won the league for how long. (thats not saying Fellaini would win them the league if they signed him) lol

i wouldn't think twice about having him back, he's a more effective player than McCarthy put it that way - offers much more

offers much more than mccarthy, gibson, cleverly and besic.

im surprised about how much game time mourinho gives him, he obv rates him better than shniederlin and carrick

That simply isn't true. He may not have been to your liking but he is good player. He can break up play and score goals. Not great but far from horrific. Would I have him back? Yes but I'd rather we signed Messi.:)

One of the good things Martinez did in my mind was jettison him. Any team with him in will play an odd brand of football if he is in the midfield, that's why in my opinion Moyes ended up shoving him up top. Slow, poor passing, poor positioning, no creativity, loads of fouls, not for me.

One of the good things Martinez did in my mind was jettison him. Any team with him in will play an odd brand of football if he is in the midfield, that's why in my opinion Moyes ended up shoving him up top. Slow, poor passing, poor positioning, no creativity, loads of fouls, not for me.
You do realise your describing McCarthy,without the goal scoring or creativity ?

I miss having midfielders like Arteta :(

Yeah was absolutely magical, got a career threatening injury, came back not quite as good but still good enough for Arsenal to put in their first team yet for long periods got derided as a crab by some who then claimed that McCarthy from Wigan was brilliant. Utterly bizarre. None of our current midfielders are fit to lace Artetas boots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back