Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
His comments on both Barkley and Niasse today are friggin depressing. He needs to learn to stfu and not bury his players in public.

The irony in that first sentence! From someone who hasn't had a good word to say about anything to do with Everton since Martinez quite rightly got the boot !
Phenomenal doesn't begin to cover it!!

Anway this Koeman bloke then. I reckon he's done alright so far. It invariably takes a manager best part of a season to make the team his own until then he's trying to handle the transition from one style to another. The second season is when we'll see his mettle. I personally like his persona and remain confident in his leadership. Doesn't mean I don't have complaints but they are minor and will keep ,for the moment.

To be honest mate, i think for once you are missing the point of why we hired Koeman.

I don't believe for one second he hired him to be a manager for years to come and win the lot. I think he is limited somewhat as a manager as well, again in the moyes style of limited, not going to take a group of mid table players, splash the odd bit of talent and expect to beat the money clubs.

However, i believe we hired Koeman for very basic reasons. His job is to come in, make the team solid again and hard to beat and get us into europe again. If he does that then job done as far as he is concerned, the better he does then better for him.

you say he is using us as a stepping stone? He tends not to stay for more than 2-3 years at a club anyway, i would fully expect him to go in 2-3 years, all evidence points to that. But if he gets us back into europa at very least whilst he is here then the club has a much better standing than before koeman arrived.

I think you're pretty much spot on.

I've said before that I reckon Koeman sees us a stepping stone and, to a lesser extent, Moshiri sees Koeman as just part of the plan.

In an ideal world both the club and Koeman would grow at much the same rate and both sides could fulfil each others ambitions, but I'd be very surprised to see Koeman here in five years time. If he turns us round and gets us to a position where we're competing in Europe again then it's very much "job done" as far as I'm concerned.

Most decorated manager in our history on appointment? That really is a stretch. Based on what, some Dutch titles? On a par almost with the SPL - so I'd say even Walter Smith outranks him in that respect...and I wouldn't swap an FA Cup win for three Eredivise titles and shedload of Scottish titles either, so he's well down the pecking order on that too. He was a decorated player, no question. But as a manager his major palmares coming into this club were his two top 7 finishes at S'ton.

And the reason he left S'ton was that he was under massive pressure to sign a new deal. No way S'ton would have let the matter wind down into the final season. He waited a while to see if Everton would be joined in the race for his signature and the fact is no one better than us was out there looking for his services...which is good, as he is a good manager and an organiser. I just reserve the right not to bow from the friggin waist to every word he utters or action he takes.
You wanted to sleep with the last manager. Whats changed

After seeing the bit in the telegraph about Moyes' taking Fellaini as a 'panic buy', I can't help but think Fellaini would fit in pretty well with Koeman's Everton. Big, physical presence, puts a shift in, probably ideal for Rom to play off.

After seeing the bit in the telegraph about Moyes' taking Fellaini as a 'panic buy', I can't help but think Fellaini would fit in pretty well with Koeman's Everton. Big, physical presence, puts a shift in, probably ideal for Rom to play off.
1000000%

Please God no. Horrific footballer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back