Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maybe so. I dont think so.

I do think he needs to show a bit more humility about this club. Apart from the obligatory "Everton are a big club" stuff, he comes across like this is his stepping stone to somewhere else...when he's achieved absolutely f.a. in the managerial game. He actually comes across to me like he's irritated to be here...like he was expecting a massive CL playing club to step in for his talents after getting 7th and 6th place for S'ton. Deluded if so.

I dont like his attitude to some of these players; I dont like his off-handedness in press conferences; I dont like his "here's the reason I'm not living in your City"' comments (who gives a flying one, live where the 'kin hell you like and shut it); I dont like his football thus far...it's defensive and boring and cowardly for the most part.

Kinel

Dave - this is boring. He's been here 8 games and he's started absolutely fine, generally speaking. He's proving that 11th isn't the new 6th after all so far. Results are fine, football is ok, defence has been very solid, players look arsed, atmosphere at the ground is a little bit better than it was for most of the 3 years under your mate and he's signed some decent players (or Walsh has - I get confused on this bit now).

Anyway, point being that I think after you dug your heels in so far on the last guy, you were going to try and find fault with anything with the new one and that's exactly what appears to be happening.

Koeman may well only be here two or three years, but that's more or less normal these days. That's a mentality thing we have to get our heads round and is something I've struggled with a bit as well. At the end of the day, all that matters is that he gets results. Results is what cost Bobby M his job, results are what will distinguish Koeman as a better/worse manager than him. Forget the rest of it, Martinez was selling us a vision of the future at the cost of the present and it was a price we ultimately decided as a fanbase and club that we were unwilling to pay. As long as Koeman delivers results in the here and now (which he's doing ok on so far), there should be few complaints as we have other people at the club who have to worry about the future.

Given the choice between 11th place finishes and watching us ship goals all over the show but passing the ball at every opportunity or 6th place with less aesthetically pleasing football, I'm on the 6th place bus every day of the week and I'm pretty sure most of our fans would agree.

Bob's gone, let it go. Ron's in - he wasn't the one who sacked your mate, he'll be great, save the hate, let it abate, don't let it agitate. Peace out

Maybe so. I dont think so.

I do think he needs to show a bit more humility about this club. Apart from the obligatory "Everton are a big club" stuff, he comes across like this is his stepping stone to somewhere else...when he's achieved absolutely f.a. in the managerial game. He actually comes across to me like he's irritated to be here...like he was expecting a massive CL playing club to step in for his talents after getting 7th and 6th place for S'ton. Deluded if so.

I dont like his attitude to some of these players; I dont like his off-handedness in press conferences; I dont like his "here's the reason I'm not living in your City"' comments (who gives a flying one, live where the 'kin hell you like and shut it); I dont like his football thus far...it's defensive and boring and cowardly for the most part.

Dave the iconoclast :)

With another couple of windows under his belt, I think he'll put together an excellent side

I'm willing to be patient and will pass judgement once he's been here for a sustained period of time

Thus far, I like our improved defensive capabilities and I like his frankness in interviews. It's refreshing after three years of OTT faux positivity and two years of extreme defensive tactical frailties

I'd take a slew of 1-0 wins followed by European qualification, over lot's of 6-8 goal thrillers that see us in the bottom half. That's just my preference though, and I accept that for some it's more important to see loads of boss tekkers rather than see their side win. I don't agree with them, but I respect their appreciation of the aesthetic over points on the board

he bought some cracking players at soton (probably, they change managers and players so often i have no idea who buys who) and won't be expected to sell at such a vast rate like soton do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back