Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe so. I dont think so.

I do think he needs to show a bit more humility about this club. Apart from the obligatory "Everton are a big club" stuff, he comes across like this is his stepping stone to somewhere else...when he's achieved absolutely f.a. in the managerial game. He actually comes across to me like he's irritated to be here...like he was expecting a massive CL playing club to step in for his talents after getting 7th and 6th place for S'ton. Deluded if so.

I dont like his attitude to some of these players; I dont like his off-handedness in press conferences; I dont like his "here's the reason I'm not living in your City"' comments (who gives a flying one, live where the 'kin hell you like and shut it); I dont like his football thus far...it's defensive and boring and cowardly for the most part.
You're not having him as he took Bob Martins chair mate.

We could have got Mourinho and you'd still find reason to call him.

You're now constantly striving to find a negative in anything that Koeman does or says, and everyone gets why.

12 months you said, you're on his back after 8 games lol

I think he is someone who has done it all as players and that is why most fans are very much behind him. davek has some good points

I do think he needs to show a bit more humility about this club. Apart from the obligatory "Everton are a big club" stuff, he comes across like this is his stepping stone to somewhere else...when he's achieved absolutely f.a. in the managerial game. He actually comes across to me like he's irritated to be here...like he was expecting a massive CL playing club to step in for his talents after getting 7th and 6th place for S'ton. Deluded if so.

I dont like his attitude to some of these players; I dont like his off-handedness in press conferences; I dont like his "here's the reason I'm not living in your City"' comments (who gives a flying one, live where the 'kin hell you like and shut it); I dont like his football thus far...it's defensive and boring and cowardly for the most part.
I get the feeling your not fully behind Our Ron

With another couple of windows under his belt, I think he'll put together an excellent side

I'm willing to be patient and will pass judgement once he's been here for a sustained period of time

Thus far, I like our improved defensive capabilities and I like his frankness in interviews. It's refreshing after three years of OTT faux positivity and two years of extreme defensive tactical frailties

I'd take a slew of 1-0 wins followed by European qualification, over lot's of 6-8 goal thrillers that see us in the bottom half. That's just my preference though, and I accept that for some it's more important to see loads of boss tekkers rather than see their side win. I don't agree with them, but I respect their appreciation of the aesthetic over points on the board

"...when he's achieved absolutely f.a. in the managerial game." - The man is literally the most decorated manager we have ever appointed in our history. Not even to mention what he achieved as a player.

"He actually comes across to me like he's irritated to be here...like he was expecting a massive CL playing club to step in for his talents" - Had one year left at S'ton. Could easily have seen it out and waited for a CL club, possibly Arsenal. He was sold the project by Moshiri and wanted to be here.

I don't even know where to begin with this last paragraph. The quote you've made up about where he has chosen to live, is the first instance I have encountered of someone taking (or feigning, which you probably are) offence to this. You're welcome to your opinion on his attitude and his football, but the vast majority of us much prefer a straight talking manager who can back up his words, and the vast majority of us are enjoying watching Everton be competitive again.

Not even handed though is he? Where was the dressing down for Jagielka this week for hacking away twice in the penalty area and conceding two pens and going walkabout for the City goal?

I take the point about the dirty washing in public bit. But prior to his two pieces about Barkley has hasn't actually got the Persil out although he had been calling a spade an effing shovel...Unlike the previous Phenomenal
Putting the ongoing Barkley under performance against a 'one off game' is really talking 'Apples Vs Apples'

Martinez Acolyte WUM to Koeman Plotter WUM in 3 mths or so... Barkley should change so quick.

While reminding myself not to get sucked in to your 'click-bait shtick' I'll still dip a toe in as and when though.

As Roy Rodgers (not Brenden) used to say - 'Happy Trails'

David being angry about anything Koeman says or does

IMG_3738.webp

The rest of the Everton fan base

IMG_3739.webp

Still think it's a bit odd to criticize what Koeman has said about Barkley. It's spot on. He's not a youngster. He's been coddled for the last 3 years and stagnated. It's up to him(something most people here have said) whether he wants to be a great player or not.

Still think it's a bit odd to criticize what Koeman has said about Barkley. It's spot on. He's not a youngster. He's been coddled for the last 3 years and stagnated. It's up to him(something most people here have said) whether he wants to be a great player or not.

Be careful mate, the super bloo pack of wolves will smell this.

Hi, I enjoy reading your posts. Your sceptism allied with many salient and pertinent points are generally thought provoking and challenging. However at this point I fear your head may have exploded. Are you alright?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back