Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would McAleny (who's scoring for Wigan this season on loan) and Tom Davis be much worse than Bolasie & Valencia as options? With Davis instead of Bolasie we'd be playing a more compact incisive shape which may be more suitable to breaking down weaker opposition.

35m saved.

All just fantasy football talk now, mind.

McAleny won't make it. He is like 24/25.

Bad result but better performance today. Koeman's improved the defence and needs a lot more time. We'll be up against it Jan though due to the AFCON.
The worrying thing is there appears to be only relatively limited funds to strengthen with, barring whatever we get if Lu is sold in the summer, so we may be relying on SW to pull a few more Gana's out of the hat to help RK build the team he wants.

Can you start playing the kids now please mate?

You messed up our backline dropping Holgate, and Davies is a better footballer than a couple you keep playing.

Can you start playing the kids now please mate?

You messed up our backline dropping Holgate, and Davies is a better footballer than a couple you keep playing.
Coleman hopeless today.

I think Koeman might drop Coleman...however, it'll be more a statement if his managerial prowess of he steps in and sacks Jagielka off.

Coleman hopeless today.

I think Koeman might drop Coleman...however, it'll be more a statement if his managerial prowess of he steps in and sacks Jagielka off.
I've been saying Coleman is poor for three seasons now defending but nobody cares so I'll just stop. Criminal dropping Holgate in the form he was in.

Bad result but better performance today. Koeman's improved the defence and needs a lot more time. We'll be up against it Jan though due to the AFCON.
The worrying thing is there appears to be only relatively limited funds to strengthen with, barring whatever we get if Lu is sold in the summer, so we may be relying on SW to pull a few more Gana's out of the hat to help RK build the team he wants.

We should have loads of money to spend. We have never been in a better situation to spend.

Would McAleny (who's scoring for Wigan this season on loan) and Tom Davis be much worse than Bolasie & Valencia as options?
Unquestionably yes IMO. Davies looked great in the last game of last season. Unfortunately since then he's showed nothing to warrant a first team place.
Cleverley's looked the better option. The manager clearly thinks so. Of course that doesn't mean Davies won't come good in future.

Played better attacking football and seemed more balanced with 3 at the back IMO at the start of the season.

I don't think our wide players are consistent enough to deliver every week, and they're also not good enough without the ball.

We're practically playing 4.3.3 and its the top 3 that, for me, are lacking.

We needed a mobile striker with pace, and also more creativity out wide (like Mata) in the summer. Didn't get it.

I've been saying Coleman is poor for three seasons now defending but nobody cares so I'll just stop. Criminal dropping Holgate in the form he was in.
I wanted Coleman back in, but it WAS harsh on Holgate.

Harsh too on Galloway who should never be at WBA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back