Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last 5 matches are as bad as anything we went through under Martinez.

He needs to arrest the slump right now and prove he is big enough for the job. That Cleverely sub today was utterly diabolical.

Worse than that Christmas run where we lost abar 6 games in a row? Wanted to off myself after the Hull game.

Koeman needs to sack off this hapless 4231 formation that seems to be mandatory for all Everton managers and get back to basics, pass touch move concentrate for 90 minutes. Anyone who can't needs catapulting out of the squad.

9 games in we haven't exactly started brilliantly, but there was a lot of rebuilding to do when he came in and he'll need some time.

He'll also need backing in January.
The problem is we are going backwards. Barkley, Mirallas and Deulofeu all look to have absolutely no confidence. He's making them work harder but stripping them of anything that made them good.

Worse than that Christmas run where we lost abar 6 games in a row? Wanted to off myself after the Hull game.

In terms of pure results and quantity of losses no. But if you take the last 5 in isolation, 4 should have been wins. We won none. It's pretty pathetic.

aye...we played well in a few of those Martinez games that we ended up not winning, just madly frustrating defensive lapses and lack of killer touch in front of goal.

Koeman needs to sack off this hapless 4231 formation that seems to be mandatory for all Everton managers and get back to basics, pass touch move concentrate for 90 minutes. Anyone who can't needs catapulting out of the squad.

What was the formation for the Unsworth Norwich game?

You lot remind me of that scene in the motion picture starring Charlton Heston " The Ten Commandments "

When Moses goes off into the mountains to speak with God, the rubble of people start making a gold statue to worship as a new God.

Remember three years ago people? Moyes was so negative, Martinez is our new lord and so positive, can't wait for the season to start. Fast forward and Martinez chats a load of Tosh and Koeman is the new lord and savior.

You will all turn on him, remember that. You will turn on him.

It's started already.

I warned you all.

aye...we played well in a few of those Martinez games that we ended up not winning, just madly frustrating defensive lapses and lack of killer touch in front of goal.

What was the formation for the Unsworth Norwich game?
Only game we have played well in over a year. I think it was 4-1-4-1. The difference is we played on the front foot and with freedom.

The problem is we are going backwards. Barkley, Mirallas and Deulofeu all look to have absolutely no confidence. He's making them work harder but stripping them of anything that made them good.

You think based on the first 9 games that we've gone backwards from last season?

Can only agree with that; there's no fluidity with the front 3 and a massive lack of creativity to open up the doors. A suarez type player is what's needed up top, someone who hunts and harassing defenders

Yep.

To me there's one or two players that don't work in a system which means the whole system doesn't work.

As for today for eg..to me Mirallas was awful. In turn, none of the other players took the slack until the 2nd half. And even the goal just looked terrible in terms of positions the attackers take up (Bolasie and Lukaku on top of each other). And pinging crosses in to a player who is not totally dominant in the air isn't clever.

To me it's that missing link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back