Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
And those three players had bucket loads of confidence last season did they ?

Give over
Deulofeu had until he was dropped for 6 months. Mirallas never played. Barkley did early on. I will grant you that they lost their confidence under Martinez but the job of a new manager is to give players a fresh start and get them playing.

Sterling was poor last season too. Look at him this season.

We aren't paying Koeman chump change. I expected more than simply reverting to hoof ball. A bit of passing and moving wouldn't go a miss.

We don't even press with any shape. If one goes the ones behind never do.

You think based on the first 9 games that we've gone backwards from last season?

No, the problem is this group of players have two gears, horribly average, and embarrassingly hysterically diabolically bad. They swing between the two. We've moved back to horribly average so it looks like an improvement on the farce that was last season.

Deulofeu had until he was dropped for 6 months. Mirallas never played. Barkley did early on. I will grant you that they lost their confidence under Martinez but the job of a new manager is to give players a fresh start and get them playing.

Sterling was poor last season too. Look at him this season.

We aren't paying Koeman chump change. I expected more than simply reverting to hoof ball. A bit of passing and moving wouldn't go a miss.

Sorry but that last paragraph is absolute rubbish. We didn't play long balls for the vast majority of the match, we were passing it about and in control for long periods.

Said right from the off he'd get that squad in the top 7. Firmly believe that.

In order to make anymore progress he'd need to spend and bring in quality.

He hasn't.

Sorry but that last paragraph is absolute rubbish. We didn't play long balls for the vast majority of the match, we were passing it about and in control for long periods.
Against Burnley. When Burnley pressed we hoofed as we always do.

We can't play under any kind of pressure which is a sign the team isn't drilled to do so.

Clearing the ball when under pressure is hardly shocking.

I would rather that than the nonsense we had last season.
I would rather we played like a top team and were comfortable when under a little pressure. A one man press causes us to hoof. Why?

Because there's never any movement from the players who should be showing for the ball. That's down to the manager.

Koeman needs to sack off this hapless 4231 formation that seems to be mandatory for all Everton managers and get back to basics, pass touch move concentrate for 90 minutes. Anyone who can't needs catapulting out of the squad.
We'll be stuck with fielding a team of 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back