Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
He'd get eaten alive in the Championship Zat... ;)

But I'm sure there's some players he does rate, but he's just making a general point about the quality of that league overall, and what the Dutch can do to improve their standing in club football as well as internationally.

Even just four/five years ago Ajax were a lot stronger than they are now for example.

Tbh I cant understand why Bazoer and Tielemans are still at their current clubs...such talents.

Tbh I cant understand why Bazoer and Tielemans are still at their current clubs...such talents.

Well, there's obviously a reason mate that nobody else has picked them up yet.

Tielemans looks the part, but still very young. Same with Bazoer. Sometimes it's better that they stay and develop then get a big move early on.

Or, clubs that are interested just aren't yet willing to risk it. Who knows.

To be honest I don't see why they wouldn't know as much about a player who the manager has never worked with.

All it takes is eyes to spot a player.

Yes, we can all think a player is decent off the few times we may see them. But to think they know better than the football clubs scouting network and manager over a player, from the confides of their own self important, delusional "I know all about football" mentality is another thing completely.

Yes, we can all think a player is decent off the few times we may see them. But to think they know better than the football clubs scouting network and manager over a player, from the confides of their own self important, delusional "I know all about football" mentality is another thing completely.

Hmmm maybe. To be honest I dont buy into this whole football expert thing whether it be a bloke on the internet or a professional scout.

Its a sport, it aint rocket science. If a manager/scout spots a player who has slipped through the cracks for example or playing for an obscure team I think that's due to the manager or scout putting more effort in to broaden his search rather than any major genius.

A lot of it is pure luck anyway. You never know how well a player will fit in to a club and its system until they play for said club. I do think there is a bit of expertise in trying to find the right players for the right system (and even then you need to take mentality into account which you cant unless you know them).

Football management is a bit like being a cult leader for me. Its mainly about your players buying in to what the manager is doing.

Hmmm maybe. To be honest I dont buy into this whole football expert thing whether it be a bloke on the internet or a professional scout.

Its a sport, it aint rocket science. If a manager/scout spots a player who has slipped through the cracks for example or playing for an obscure team I think that's due to the manager or scout putting more effort in to broaden his search rather than any major genius.

A lot of it is pure luck anyway. You never know how well a player will fit in to a club and its system until they play for said club. I do think there is a bit of expertise in trying to find the right players for the right system (and even then you need to take mentality into account which you cant unless you know them).

Football management is a bit like being a cult leader for me. Its mainly about your players buying in to what the manager is doing.

Which I guess is why I replied in the thread as I was referring to this
So he doesnt rate Bazoer then.... just lol

As if he sees himself as some sort of expert and our manager is a blurt for possibly not thinking the same as him. You catch my drift?

So he doesnt rate Bazoer then.... just lol

With all due respect Zat, you have neither played for, or managed, a professional football team at any level never mind at the top like Koeman. Just because you watch footy on the telly and play FIFA or footy manager does not give you an understanding into the makings of a footballer, you have no idea of his mentality or attitude at the club and just think because he looks ok on the box and has star rating then he's ace.

Its not how it works fella

Conner is a regular and has scored 4 goals so far this season.

What the manager clearly thinks and what's best for us are sometimes two different things...

Have to clear things up a bit. He went on loan last season with Wigan not this season is it? He can't even cut it in the Championship. On what evidence you think he can be a useful option like Mirallas and Del.

Proper lol at people on here thinking they know more about players out there than the manager and acting as though they are some kind of authority on the subject, it's painfully and woefully pathetic.

Football computer games should be banned for this very reason.
So Koeman knows every single player in the planet and therefore doesnt need scouts in your opinion.

Interesting viewpoint you have.

You aren't a scout.

lol

Amazing.

Have to clear things up a bit. He went on loan last season with Wigan not this season is it? He can't even cut it in the Championship. On what evidence you think he can be a useful option like Mirallas and Del.

be nice if some of our attacking players were so direct.

But you're right on your other point: I can't seem to find info on what he's doing right now, is he still at Wigan or is he training with Unsworth?

With all due respect Zat, you have neither played for, or managed, a professional football team at any level never mind at the top like Koeman. Just because you watch footy on the telly and play FIFA or footy manager does not give you an understanding into the makings of a footballer, you have no idea of his mentality or attitude at the club and just think because he looks ok on the box and has star rating then he's ace.

Its not how it works fella

Hes one of the most highly rated young players in Europe...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back